December 7, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Pinterest

Stolen from Pinterest

Thanks to our hostess, Bev, for today's questions. Join in the fun here.

1. What don’t you share?  I try not to share anything hurtful to others and I don't share anything anyone has asked me not to share.

2. A reason to celebrate?  I think we should celebrate all good things. We miss too many opportunities to rejoice in things.

3. Describe where you are now.  I'm in my living room sitting on one end of the double-reclining loveseat. The coffee table is dead ahead and beyond it is the sofa...with my husband sleeping on it (man, is he snoring tonight!). The Christmas tree is ahead and to the right of where I'm sitting. Beyond the tree is a bookshelf brimming with classic books and most of my Santa collection. A child's school desk that was my daughter's is at my right pulling duty as an end table. The Little People nativity (and all the animals from my Christmas farm, thanks to my grandson) is on it. To my left the poodle is sleeping on the other end of the loveseat. Beyond that is the pellet stove and going all the way to the end wall you'll find my husband's pride and joy, the 60" HD-3D TV and a cube unit lying on its side that has pullout cubes on the top row to hold movies and x-inserts on the bottom to hold bottles of wine. The walls are pumpkin spice, the floor is wood-look laminate, and the area rug is a modern design of orange, brown and cream.

4. A dream that seems impossible.  Getting a room added on to the house.

5. Something you hope for.  A new job. I like mine, but I would still like to find something that doesn't require weekends or holidays.

6. A tradition that makes you feel at home.  I can't think of anything. My kids are not that into traditions (at least not the old ones) and they have demands on them from in-laws on the holidays so that puts a bit of a crimp in things, too. My job puts a big crimp in things these days.

7. The people who make your life better.  Other than my family, that would be the men and women in my Bible study group. They are my chosen family.

8. Someone you’d like to meet.  I must be really tired tonight (Saturday) because I can't think of anyone worth mentioning.

9. A silly thing you’d really like.  A bouncy house. I loved those things as a kid and I'm pretty sure I'd still get a kick out of one.

10. A book from your childhood.  A favorite was The Big Tidy Up.


11. Something you’re still not sure about.  Aliens.


12. The best dessert to share with friends.  The one you have!

13. A story that captures your imagination.  Far too many to choose just one.

14. Memories beside a fireplace.  I remember a time as a kid that we were snowed in and without electricity for 3 days. We slept by the fire, spent the days by the fire, and cooked in the fire. I thought it was awesome. My parents? Not so much.

15. How do you spend a rainy day?  If I don't have anything pressing to do I'll most likely spend it curled up under a blanket with the poodle and reading or playing around on the computer. If it's summer I'll pop popcorn and watch Dirty Dancing.

8 comments:

  1. Fun post! I love your answers. I hope you get the a job that doesn't require nights or weekends. Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! Aliens stole my socks.

    I remember an episode of Married With Children when aliens were stealing Al Bundy's socks for fuel.

    I love that show.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome response to #2! Thanks for inviting us into your living room with you. :) I think it would be neat to meet President Trump … wonder what he'd be really like, say, around the backyard BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL on the aliens, it seems, my friend, we have the same alien then, LOLOL.

    Have a great week ahead, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a Lord of the Rings marathon. Maybe that's a good reason to go back to bed with this . . . whatever I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could see your living room from your wonderful description, AND I would love to be there with you... it sounds that cozy! Fun questions!! Wishing you a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That recliner really sounds NICE! I think it would be a great place to relax in.
    Sorry about that job. Maybe something else will come along or.. you will be there long enough to get weekends off. Merry Christmas, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.