November 21, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Thursday morning means it's time to join in with blogging friend, Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. It's when we get to share the past week's blessings or maybe just one very special thing. Either way, it's a great party to be part of because grateful hearts are happy hearts.

This week I am thankful for...

Changed Agendas:  Yesterday I went to the local medical center hoping to get the blood work and mammogram my new doctor ordered taken care of and schedule some physical therapy for my left leg. The blood work happened without a hitch, but it was "walk-in Wednesday" for mammograms and the wait was at least 2 hours. I passed on that. I'll schedule a real appointment. I bombed out on physical therapy, too. They have meetings on Wednesday mornings and were unavailable. 

On the plus side, the hospital's aide society was having a fundraising sale with purses, wallets, hats, gloves, and all kinds of cool little gadgets. I popped into it and found several small gifts for Christmas and ran into a friend I never get to see these days. It was nice to chat and catch up with her.


Wasted Time:  Our grandson has been sick this week with a nasty stomach virus he most likely picked up at his cousin's birthday party on Saturday. He hadn't kept anything down for 2 days and wasn't wetting diapers so Mom was getting pretty panicky. I didn't think he was in any danger, but last night Mom insisted he needed to go to the ER and get checked for dehydration so, off we went. 

They checked all his vitals, gave him a couple of popsicles, and sent him home. What we learned is that as long as his vitals were okay it wasn't anything to worry about and to just keep giving him fluids a bit at a time. They told us about another little one who came in with the flu and was sent on to Children's Hospital because while she was experiencing roughly the same things Colton was, her heart rate was north of 200 beats per minute! Her little heart was working desperately to pump what little fluid she had in her around to all the vital organs.

So, I'm glad we got him checked and that Mom now has some more info under her belt that will help her evaluate better the next time.


Warm Days:  It will be coming to an end tomorrow, but we've been enjoying some mild days with temperatures in the 50s. Nice. Sunshine would have been even nicer, but this late in November I'm happy with warm.


God's Peace:  When I got home from the ER last night Tim told me the hospital called at 8:00 and that I need to call my doctor today. Hmmm? My first thoughts were a bit panicky. Why are they calling me at 8:00pm? I had blood work done this morning...WHAT DID THEY FIND?? Then my imagination started to run through all the worst case scenarios. Then God said, "Enough. I'm in control no matter what is going on. Do you trust me?" 

I do trust Him. The call may or may not be bad news, but whatever it is God already knows all about it and is working it according to His will. If it is nothing I will praise Him and if it is bad news I will still praise Him because I can lean on Him and He will give rest and strength as needed.


All of You:  As always. We may not have met face to face, but your friendship still adds another blessing to my life.


Have a blessed and thankful day, friends!

11 comments:

  1. Oh mercy - I hate missed phone calls from doctors. They always get me in such a frenzy too & I also have to stop & remember nothing is going to happen that God is already aware & PREPARED for. Hope its just something stupid like a signature was forgotten on your form :)
    Glad Colton wasn't so bad they had to keep him. Poor guy. & prayers for that sweet little girl - 200bpm? That's crazy!!! Hoping you steer clear of the stomach yuckies too!
    I gotta get my mammogram scheduled. I got my notice in the mail - THAT TIME OF YEAR :) Fun F un

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so not used to having a GOOD doctor. When I finally got a call back this morning they said it was just that the doctor had reviewed my results and everything was great and we don't need to change anything. Our old doctor would send us for blood work and then when we'd go back the next time and ask about the results he'd say "Oh, did we send you for tests?" Then give them a quick glance right then...and I do mean quick. Makes me wonder how much stuff he missed over the years.

      Delete
  2. I don't recall if I was like that when my son was little; but glad y'all went and had Colton checked out. (Good info to know!) Boo-hiss on any medical folks calling after business hours, and giving our 'what-iffer' free rein all night long. Oughta be a law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't after hours for them. Our new doctor is open late a couple of nights a week for people like my husband. Anyway, they were just letting me know all was good with my blood work and the doctor isn't going to make any changes to my meds.

      Delete
  3. Saying a prayer this morning regarding your doctor call......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like calls like that, so good that we have a God that holds us with His righteous right hand. Isaish 41:10 Prayers for you and your little grandson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. It wasn't anything. Just letting me know the blood work was all good.

      Delete
  5. You call 50s warm and that is when we, here in Florida, get out our mittens, scarves, boots, and line jackets! LOL I have already lifted a prayer for you, Stacy. Do please keep us posted. I am glad little Colton is okay. Always scary! God is good all the time! You are a blessing in my life, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we lived down there people broke out the ski jackets (it was the 80's) when it hit 70! Anyway, all is well. The doctor's office was just letting me know the blood work all looked good. Sheesh! I am so not used to having a good doctor and efficient staff...but I am so glad we switched.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.