September 14, 2019

Going Bookish With Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev for doing the work every week of finding the questions. Click here to play along.

These are from booktraveler

    
Who is your favourite author?  James Rollins (I love his Sigma Force series) or Janet Evanovich (any of her series).

What was the last book you read?  The Book of Polly by Kathy Hepinstall


What book reminds you of your school days?  Taylor Caldwell's Captains and the Kings. I took all the advanced English, literature, and writing classes my school offered. My favorite teacher allowed us to choose our own novel to read and write a report on. Captains and the Kings was my choice. She thought it was a poor one, far beyond my ability, and difficult even for someone older with more experience to report on. I proved her wrong and got to hear her tell my mom so. That she admitted she was wrong and told others made me love her all the more.

What book releases are you looking forward to?
  Janet Evanovich has a new Stephanie Plum book coming out in November.

What movie releases are you looking forward to?  Gemini Man, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, and that's it. I haven't heard much about any other movies yet.

What 3 books are you planning to read?  The Oracle by Jonathan Cahn, This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger, and The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott.


Have you ever damaged a book?  Not on purpose, though I suppose that some would disagree if they ever saw my Bibles. I know it took me a long time to get over the idea that writing in them was sacrilege, but I write all through them, highlight certain passages, make notes, etc.

How long does it take you to read a book?
  Unless I'm very busy, only a couple of days. Or less.

Books you haven’t finished?  Frankenstein, Dracula, Pride and Prejudice... I've tried and tried, but just can't do it.

Popular books you didn’t like?
  Pick anything in the horror genre and most fantasy. They just aren't my thing. So....all the Harry Potter's for starters. Sorry.

Is there a book you wouldn’t tell people you were reading?
  No. If I'd be ashamed to have anyone know I was reading it, I wouldn't read it to begin with.

How many books do you own?  Hundreds. I don't have an actual count.

Are you a fast or slow reader?
  Pretty fast, I guess.

Do you read better in your head our out loud?
  Either. I enjoy it more in my head, though. 

17 comments:

  1. It is so fun to see all of the different genres people enjoy. I think everyone has totally different answers. That is so neat. I enjoy reading in my head more too. Loved your answers! Have a nice Sunday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemini Man looks like it might be a fun film. I only have one Bible and it is a leather bound huge one that has been passed down from my grandparents. I am not religious these days (I was baptised a Catholic) but I would feel bad about writing in it. Besides my Grandfather would come back and haunt me for defacing it - he was very very VERY religious.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't write in a Bible like yours. I have a couple of older ones that I have sentimental attachments to and I'd never write in them. No, it's newer, unspecial Bibles and study Bibles that I write all through.

      Delete
  3. I do like Jonathan Cahn and have read several of his books. I will have to eatch out for Oracle..have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been assured Oracle is a good one. He looks at how predictions were fulfilled and how so many events connect. Sort of like The Harbinger only on a world-wide scale.

      Delete
  4. I/we have so many books I jokingly told hubby we could open our own store, LOL. Have a beautiful Sunday friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to run a book shop, but these are fragile times for bookstores.

      Delete
  5. Having fun seeing everyone's answers today. I really enjoy these lists of questions so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's something about your teacher admitting she was wrong!
    Count me among those UNinterested in all things Harry Potter. Personally, I think it's sweet that you make notes, etc. in your Bibles. What I wouldn't give to have had that insight into my mother or grandmother's thoughts through their Bibles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked that, too, but it's my family that taught me to think it was sacrilege to mark up a Bible. They would have been sure, I believe, that they'd go straight to hell for it. The one exception being keeping the family tree in the big family Bible. I found it interesting, anyway, as my grandmother pressed EVERYTHING between its pages.

      Delete
  7. Your Bible is alive and you should interact with it! Scribble away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a big Jane Austin fan and, in fact, keep Pride and Prejudice on my DVR because whenever I have insomnia, it's what I use to put myself to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read and liked several of Janet Evanovich older mysteries. Just reading through everyone's lists has reminded me of authors I've liked and forgotten about! Gah...
    I really love Jane Austin. Different strokes, they say. And yes, the bible is a learning tool. A text book actually. Scribble in it! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were lots of good suggestions for books to read in the lists today! Oh, trust me, I am waaaaaaay over any guilt about writing in a Bible.

      Delete
  10. One day I forgot my prayer book in the classroom. When we got to church, my friend Spewgie shared her prayer book with me.

    She was still kind of new to religion. I had told her to mark all of the prayers she was having a problem with and all the responses in church so she wouldn't get tangled up.

    The whole book was in pink highlighter!

    After that we practiced our prayers while walking to school.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.