August 17, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Thanks again, to Bev @ Sunday Stealing for finding the questions for us to answer week after week. It's a tough job and we thank her for it.

Swap Bot asked people to post questions they would like to answer.  I copied them all and put together this brief selection.

1) What do you enjoy about summer?  Being able to get outside more, growing things in the garden, the beauty of nature, fresh local produce, fairs and festivals, vacations....

2) Do you like snow? Why?  It's pretty when it's new and I appreciate it through the holidays...atmosphere, ya know? After New Year, though, I'm done. I get tired of the cold and mess.

3) What do you think about dogs?
  I tend to like them more than a lot of people I know. I'm definitely a dog person and think a house is not a home without one.

4) Have you ever gotten lost?  Seriously lost, like in the woods and can't find my way out...or mildly lost like I took a wrong exit on the interstate...or something really silly like getting turned around in the mall?  No, yes, and probably are my answers.

5) What are your favorite type of socks?
  Men's And 1 ankle socks from Walmart. They have arch support built in and are just a bit less tight than women's socks so they are more comfortable for me since I'm on my feet all day.

6) What is your favorite style of shoes?  I would wear clogs with everything if they actually went with everything.

7) What would you name your boat if you had one?
  Aces Wild? Come Sail Away? The Great Escape? Or more likely, Sasquatch...it's a long running family joke that my husband wants to name everyone and everything Sasquatch.

8) What common misconception do you hate to hear repeated as fact?
  Pick any of the political garbage floating around about both parties. If there is anything I hate in this life it is how so many these days are so quick to make all encompassing generalizations about a particular group.

9) What was the last shop you went into and what did you buy? 
Walmart...groceries.

10) What's your favourite thing to do to pass the time?
  You are, unfortunately, looking at it. Well, reading still comes in first, but not by as big a margin as I wish it did.

11) What is a way to die that scares you the most?
  None of them sound particularly good, but I guess some of my top least desirable ways to die are burning in a fire, being tortured by a psychopath, and being eating by a shark.

12) Travel or home body?
  I love to travel, but we don't do that much of it. I'm pretty much a homebody aside from the occasional vacation.

13) Have you ever gone to a Bingo hall?
Yes. I went a few times back in my 20's when my mom was driving all the older ladies in her neighborhood to bingo once a week. I don't think I ever won and back then the cigarette smoke was awfully thick. It was also (for the time) kind of expensive...at least $20 for the evening's cards.


14) What is the longest plane trip you have taken?  When I was in Civil Air Patrol we flew from Pittsburgh to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio on a C-17 cargo plane. Ugh. It was so loud we had to wear earplugs, the "seats" were more of a webbing sling, and there were no bathrooms. The flight took close to 8 hours. Pennsylvania to Ohio. 8. Hours.

If you were asking about distance, I'd guess it was from Pittsburgh to either New Mexico or Orlando.

15) Do you text more or call more? Why?  I definitely call more. I do text, but I am just not a fan.

That's all for this week. I'm working again on Sunday, so I'll catch up with you after work.

20 comments:

  1. That eight hour flight on a cargo plane is the stuff that great stories are made of. 8 hours to get across two states that are next to each other. Wow. You could get there faster by carrier pigeon. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only a four hour drive.

      Next time tell the pilot to stop riding the brakes.

      Delete
    2. I don't know why it took so long, but the military was going there so we got a free ride. It was kind of fun...for the first couple of hours.

      Delete
  2. That plane journey sounds horrendous! Remind me never to fly on a cargo plane.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, don't fly on a cargo plane! Though, unless you plan to join the military you probably won't have to worry about it.

      Delete
  3. Blogging is a fun way to pass the time.
    Pitt to Ohio took 8 hours? I've driven faster. Was the pilot aiming for a record of slowest flight? Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whistling, 8 hours, wow. I enjoyed your answers. Have a great Sunday, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what inventive ways to die. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like texting either! But I think you and I are now a cult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I see more and more seniors adapting to it. We are a dying breed.

      Delete
  7. I'm a dog person, too, without a dog. :( That's one of my retirement goals, though, to get a dog. I feel like living alone and being at school so much it wouldn't be fair of me to have a dog now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel guilty every day I have to go to work and give Daisy treats and make all kinds of promises as I'm leaving.

      Delete
  8. Oh goodness, I do not know why I was just thinking clothes or fun stores. I guess the last store I was in was Dollar General. Oh well.
    I am a dog person too. I love them.
    I hope your day goes quickly at work. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, you could drive from Pittsburgh to Wright Pat in about six hours or less! That's just crazy that it took 8 hours to fly!! I enjoyed the questions and the answers today, Stacy. Blessings in the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 8 hours in that C17? Ugh. I couldn't agree more with what you said about dogs … and, of course #8. I've never worn clogs, but based on what you've said, I may have to try on a pair.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.