August 3, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Not Quite 5000 Questions

Hello! I'm back from the cruise. It was wonderful and pictures and descriptions will be coming in the next couple of days. Pictures of (and the accompanying gushing over) our new granddaughter will also be coming. Little Leah Rose entered the world on Monday, July 29, at 7:59 A.M. We finally got to meet her yesterday and she is just perfect!

We also returned to the weight of reality and the world with all its problems. My heart is heavy this morning and my thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims, survivors, families, first responders, and communities dealing with the rash of mass shootings over the past few days...and that includes the families of the shooters. They, too, are hurting and have suffered a loss.

And now to answer, not quite, 5000 questions for Sunday Stealing. I had this done last night and posted, but I wanted to mention the shootings this morning and my laptop worked its "magic" and deleted the whole thing. Grrrr.

Let's try this again.

A few questions from "The 5000 questions survey"



1. Have you read anything by C.S. Lewis?  Yes, I've read several of his works. They've all been required reading for either college or seminary. I have never chosen to read his writings of my own free will. I find them to be rather odd and the oddest one of all might be The Great Divorce.

2. What is your favorite movie with Jack Nicholson?  I'm not really a big fan of Jack and I've never watched some of his biggest hits like The Shining or Terms of Endearment, but I liked Bucket List, Anger Management, and The Witches of Eastwick well enough.

3. What rhymes with 'orange'?  I totally cheated on this, but...



4. Have you ever swallowed an object by accident?
  I think maybe a bug or a filling from a tooth is as far as that goes.

5. Is your eyesight 20/20?
  Ha! Not even with my glasses. It's close with the glasses, but not 20/20. My hindsight, on the other hand, is darn near perfect!

6. Have you ever had insomnia?  I don't think so...at least not what I think of as insomnia. Most of my life I've had the ability to sleep long and deep, but I seem to be losing that. For the last 6 months or so I go to sleep easily, but I wake up several times a night and often can't get back to sleep or else I only sleep about 5 hours and have to get up because I ache too much to lie there.

7. Does it bother you when people touch you?
  In general, no, but I'm not crazy about it when someone can't seem to talk to me without clamping onto my arm and being 3-inches from my face. And to be honest, there are a very few people out there whose touch sets my skin to crawling.

8. Is it better to get too much or too little sleep?  Neither is ideal. Both leave me feeling groggy and grumpy.

9. What gets your adrenaline pumping?
  Lots of things. A good fright, something exciting, anger, a good looking fellow, anyone messing with my family, injustice, snakes, sharks...

10. Do you ever talk about yourself in the third person?  Why would Stacy do that? She would sound ridiculous.

11. What's your favorite radio station?
  WHJB They are a little local station. What kind of music do they play?  Mostly 70's and 80's music. Saturday mornings they older stuff than that. Sunday mornings they play jazz. I think they still do a polka party sometime on Saturdays, too.

12. Do you believe there is anyplace still undiscovered in all the world?  I don't know about completely undiscovered, but there are plenty of places that have barely been explored or haven't been explored at all so we don't know much, if anything, about them. The deepest regions of the oceans, for example.

13. Ever caught a fish?  Sure, lots of times. I like to fish, but haven't gone in years. We don't get a chance to go often enough to justify the cost of licenses.

14. Were you ever in the first row of a concert?  I've been "in the pit" up against the stage at a few concerts (Donnie Iris, Third Day, Bleach, and others) but the only time I had seats in the first row (with no pit in front of me) was when I bought VIP tickets for a Toby Keith concert. They weren't supposed to be front row, but the venue sells season tickets every year for the entire series of country concerts and those people are supposed to be guaranteed their same seats at every concert. They got very upset that the plan was to bump them for the VIP ticket holders. I don't blame them. They pay a lot for those tickets. 

Anyway, the way the venue and the Toby Keith tour got around it was to set up several rows of folding chairs in front of those seats. So, my seats were in the center of the front row. I could have reached out and touched Toby...if the nice security guard standing there wouldn't have tackled me.

15. Do you have any autographs?  Toby Keith, Nora Roberts (signed book), Dale Evans (signed book), Cathy Rigby (70's gold medal gymnast), David Eisenhower, Sen. John Heinz, lots of 70's era Steelers who are now in the football hall of fame...and probably a few more that I can't think of right now.

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back! And congratulations on the new baby.

    David Eisenhower is on my list of people I'd love to sit beside on a long flight. What a fascinating life he's led, and what insights he must have on history!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should look him up and learn more about him. I was just a kid when my mom dragged me to see him. The local for has these 3 big chain links that were dedicated by Pres. Eisenhower and they had a rededication and anniversary celebration. Ike was gone by then so they invited David to come and speak. As a 9 or 10 year old I couldn't have cared less. Mom made me get the autograph.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back and Congratulations on the new grand baby, how exciting, grin. I had to giggle about the hindsight, totally agree, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey,

    I've never heard of Toby Keith - nor any of the others whose gigs you have been too.

    Although we share music, I guess some genres stay over there and some stay over here.

    I've just looked him up - Country and Western - we're not big on that in the UK.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you. Looking forward to your granddaughter and cruise photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a cruise and a new grandbaby! Can't ask for much more than that. So glad you are back and I hope you had a splendid time. I'd love to have a signed Nora Roberts book. Most of mine are people you've never heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing homecoming … I can't wait to see your pictures! Your response to #5 made me laugh out loud. I've a feeling there's little that gets by you!
    Joining you in prayer for yesterday's victims and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new grandbaby! And I'm excited to hear all about your Maine vacation! I live at the opposite end of the state (w-a-y up North) and it's a whole different place to see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got lots of autographs! I am so excited to see your cruise photos and hear about your trip AND see photos of that new baby (I did see one on FB). Glad you are back. I enjoyed your answers today. Hope you have some time to chill before getting back to work! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I'm also glad to see someone else "cheated" and found out about the rhymes to orange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first granddaughter born July 29 -20 years ago-an Angel
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you had a nice time on your cruise! Congratulations on your new Grandbaby! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.