July 21, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Well, I wasn't going to participate today with all I have to do, but here I am, unable to sleep but not really feeling up to getting things together for packing so I have to do something besides watch infomercials. And Bev, this is a good batch of Sunday Stealing questions!





Questions from The Book of Questions



1. Do you think the world will be a better or worse place 100 years from now?  Unless Jesus has come back, I believe it will be worse. Mankind seems to be doing its best to self-destruct.

2.  Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again.
 
No. In spite of all our problems, I still love this country and believe it to be the best place to live.
3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30 year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?  I am so tired of aches and pains that I think I'll choose the body. This question asks if I'd want the mind of a 30 year old, not if I wanted a healthy mind, so that's why I chose the body. I like having the experience and (hopefully) wisdom that I've racked up over the years. I really don't want my inexperienced 30 year old thinking back. 

Now if you meant did I want a mind free of dementia, it's a whole other ball game and I will take the mind. I work every day with folks who have their health but their minds are slowly disappearing and I do not want that!

4. What would constitute a “perfect” evening for you?
  Hanging out in the company of friends and/or family, enjoying a good meal together, and sharing great conversation...maybe while playing cards or some other game.

5. Whom do you admire most?  In what way does that person inspire you?
  Since I just had to think about this the answer is easy. Mother Theresa. She inspires me with her selfless giving and unending love for others. She inspires me to do better at both.

6. Do you prefer being around men or women?  Do your closest friends tend to be men or women?
  These days the answer to both questions is women, but when I was younger (and before I was married) I preferred to be around men...solely for the lack of drama.

7. If you could use a voodoo doll to hurt anyone you chose, would you?
  No. I've reached a point in life where I really don't hate anyone. I get disappointed by people and hurt by them and some are just not my cup of tea, but I don't hate and I don't understand the mind that does. I've never been the type to seek revenge and I can't imagine ever being the type. Hate tends to destroy the hater without their even realizing. And don't be fooled, even hate for the sake of justice is still hate.

8. What is your most treasured memory?
  I don't think I could possibly choose just one. A lifetime is made up of many treasured memories and I've reached the point when those long ago times have taken on that rosy glow of the "good old days" and I enjoy reminiscing a great deal.

9. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?  Is there anything you hope to do that is even better?  (Let’s exclude raising children, if you have them)
  Well, gosh...when you take raising kids off the list of possibilities, I don't know. I've never felt particularly accomplished. I'm just an average woman, living an average life, doing my best to live according to my faith.

10. If you went to a dinner party and were offered a dish you had never tried, would you want to taste it, even if it sounded strange and not very appealing?
  Most likely. I'm pretty willing to try new stuff. I would draw the line at truly gross stuff, though. I'm talking strange or exotic things prepared skillfully when I say I will try most things.

11. Do your close friends tend to be older or younger than you?
  I'd say it's a mix, but my very closest friends always seem to be older than me. Maybe that's due to me being an only child? Even as a kid I related better to adults. I often feel "out of tune" with and awkward around those my own age.

12. How do you feel when people sing Happy Birthday to you in a restaurant?
  I go with it and enjoy it.

13. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate or embellish it?  If so, why?
  No. I don't see the need to exaggerate. I'm not good at telling stories, though, and I wish I were a more entertaining speaker.

14. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?  Can you be allowed to be on time?
  It might annoy me a bit, but I wouldn't resent it. I'd most likely just give them a time to meet that is actually much earlier than the time I have planned. "Can I be allowed to be on time?" I don't know what you're asking here. Do I need permission to be on time? 

15. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, or personal secretary, which would you choose?
  Oh, I am torn! Do I want a cook who could make and serve me lovely healthy foods that I am totally too lazy to make myself or do I want a housekeeper who would do all those chores I find boring?? Could I have a housekeeper like Alice on the Brady Bunch who did it all? That would be the ideal solution!

You've gotten me through to where it's time to get ready for work, so I guess I should do that. Have a blessed and lovely day and try to stay in the air conditioning!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'd take an Alice any day and twice on Sunday. GREAT answer!! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers. I agree with your first answer, smiles. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Stacy, we answered a few of these exactly the same. As to having Alice in the house... YES! Loved her and how great to have an Alice around every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I think we're related, our answers are so close. I wonder if we would be friends in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had the ability to phrase my feelings the way in which you do. #8, for example. I didn't play this week, but my answer to #3 would be the same as yours, for exactly the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.