June 13, 2019

Thankful Thursday

I'm joining in with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand today to share a few of the things I'm thankful to God for sending my way this past week.




This week I am thankful...   

** for everyone who commented on yesterday's blog post and all the sweet, encouraging words left about the work I do at the nursing home. Seriously, y'all...I was in tears reading them. You are just the best and made my day.

** that Tim finally saw our PCP and got his blood pressure prescription straightened out and got the results from the tests the endocrinologist explained. The doctor doubled the dose of his blood pressure med, said he does not have gout, but he's got to get yet more blood work to check his thyroid again and see if he's deficient on any vitamins or minerals. So....basically, we're back to square one, but at least he's got his meds straightened out.

** that the job Tim is on is nearing the end. It is supposed to wrap up at the end of the month. I sure hope it isn't even one day late on that! His next job won't be local like we hoped but it will be closer and there are ways to get there and back that will cut his travel time quite a bit. A 2-hour commute each way has made his days incredibly long.

** for my new WORX string trimmer. I used it for the first time Tuesday and the yard looks so much better now that everything's trimmed up. It was powerful enough to handle even the bigger weeds, but light enough for me to handle it with ease and it's super easy to adjust the length and angle and convert it to an edger.

** the cream I bought for foot pain really seems to work. I had my doubts when I opened it and it looked and smelled exactly like Noxema. Remember that stuff? Anyway, it worked.

** for Colton's emerging personality. He is really becoming a funny little guy with a very active imagination. I'm also kind of loving that, right now, I seem to be his favorite person right after Mommy and Daddy. I am just so thankful for my relationship with him since I haven't been able to have that with our other grandchildren. He has helped to heal a very broken part of our lives.

** our hottest days haven't been unbearable. Some years we jump right into August like heat and humidity. I'm pretty content with low to mid 70's.

** my garden plants are thriving. We had to put cages on the tomato plants and set a trellis for the cukes to start climbing already. I can't wait to taste those fresh veggies!

** that the dog I met on Monday to consider adopting wasn't a good fit for our family....because she was a great fit for Megan, Cody, and Colton. She's been great so far and is already very attached to Colton, spending the nights cuddled up with him.

** and, as always, for each one of you and what you add to my life.



Have a blessed and thankful day!


4 comments:

  1. a 2 hr commute one way? I'd totally dread each day with that ... How much time wasted :(
    Glad your all still getting answers that will help with the hubs good & healthy!!!
    What are you using cream for on your foot? I am having such bad foot pain so curious if it would help me!
    Thanks for linking up with me - I always love your answers each week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it sooo fun watching the little personalities emerge! It is awesome as I learn more and more about my nieces and nephews...crazy how each child is so very different from the others but all have such lovely qualities and a few that need reigned in - lol! I AM THANKFUL FOR YOUR BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for Colton's new pup! I can't wait to see pictures!
    Sounds like Tim's new doctor is being proactive … another YAY! Your getaway cruise can't come soon enough, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new puppy for Colton to grow up with! Glad things are working out with Tim and the meds. I loved reading your thankful list!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.