June 20, 2019

Thankful Thursday: Life is Full of Blessings

Good morning, lovelies! Oh, how I enjoy the mornings on my days off and today is the bestest morning of them all because it's Thursday. Thankful Thursday to be exact. I'm linking up with sweet Rebecca Jo @ Knit By Gods Hand to share some of the things I've been blessed by and am thankful for this week. 

This week I am thankful...

** that grandbaby, Leah Rose, did NOT make her appearance in the world. She isn't due until the beginning of August so this past weekend would have been much too early. So thankful that the doctors were able to stop Mommy's contractions and that they gave Mommy a couple of steroid shots to help little Leah's lungs develop a little quicker...just in case.

** my mom and stepdad are finally home from Florida. They went for John's annual check-up at the Cancer Center and then went to visit my aunt. The check-up and visit went well, but driving home they stopped in Charlotte for the night and John fell in the bathroom at the hotel. He cut his leg and Mom couldn't get him up off the floor so she had to call 911. They took him to the ER to get checked out and he had to stay a few hours because all the "excitement" had his heart racing. That was Sunday.

They finally made it home Monday evening around 8:00. I haven't had a chance to see them since then but our daughter tells me they both seem kind of out of it and worn out. I'm thinking that at 77 and nearly 75 the long driving trip is probably getting to be too much for them. I kind of hope that if John goes for a check-up next year they will fly down.

** I've been getting more sleep ever since Saturday night. I don't know what changed because I still ache and the pills from the doctor didn't do anything, but I'm back to getting at least my normal 5-6 hours. Saturday night I actually slept 8! Of course I was exhausted from trying to share the bed with our grandson the night before.

This is a picture of him with his daddy and his dog, but that's about how it was in my bed, too!


By the way, that's the dog I was considering adopting, but didn't. It's worked out great. She has been a perfect fit for their family! And that's another thing to be thankful for.

** my doctor's appointment is first thing this morning so it doesn't interrupt my whole day and throw me off.

** for my co-workers on the afternoon shift. They are all very caring of the dementia residents, but also crazy as all get out. We all get that sometimes you just have to cut loose or you will break down and cry. We have a lot of fun together and with the residents.

** one of the more active and aware residents is back from the hospital. She fell earlier this week and broke her pelvis. She's doing well, but the trick now is going to be keeping her from trying to walk on her own until she's healed. Last night I had to remind her not to get up virtually every 2 minutes....and she is one who doesn't take not being allowed to do something very well. I'm glad she is okay, but you might want to pray for us because it's going to be a rough time getting her to behave!

** next month's work schedule came out this week and my vacation is within sight!

** Tim's work dropped the bomb on everyone Tuesday that the company had been sold. Not that it was in the works. It had already happened. No one had a clue. The good news is that the former owner is supposed to be staying on to run things for 10 years and not much is changing with anything else. Pay and benefits stay the same...the 401K is supposed to be a little better and the new company will give me a big payout if Tim dies (the way it was the company only gave me something if he were to die on the job), but that's it. Really thankful for that. Tim's almost 59, not the best age to have to start looking for a job.

** our CEO had a meeting with us on Tuesday and explained the new time-off system. It really is to our benefit. We earn more time and it's constantly building with every hour we work so you don't have to wait a year to have days dumped into your account. It also seems that while they are cracking down on people calling off (a huge problem with the nursing and CNA staff), they've made it easier to do the right thing.

** the rain is (mostly) keeping the temperatures and humidity at bearable levels. I could live with hot, but humidity kills me. And you should see how big my garden plants are growing. (I'll take a picture one of these days!)

** for all the daylight hours right now. I love that the sun is coming up at 5:00 and not setting until after 9:30. 

** for the lightning bugs (fireflies) we do have. There aren't nearly as many as there were when I was a kid or even when my kids were kids, but the other night I took the dog out at 12:00 and WOW! I looked up toward my mom's house. She has a huge catalpa tree and her next door neighbor has a huge maple tree and lots of other trees so it creates the kind of woodsy environment the little buggies like. Anyway, I was watching them light up while Daisy did her thing...just a little flicker here and there. Then, all of a sudden, it was like someone flipped a switch and for just a few seconds all those trees seemed to come alive with thousands of twinkling lights. Then, just as quickly, it was over. I am so glad I was up and outside to see it!

** for each and every one of YOU!

Have a blessed day and be intentionally thankful
for God is good all the time...and all the time, 
God is good!


2 comments:

  1. Lightning bugs are just magical to me!!!
    That's such good news about Tim's job - that could have gone the totally opposite way & been awful.
    YAHOO - keep that little baby's lungs time to still develop. Poor momma - I'm sure she's counting down the days for this pregnancy to be over with!!!
    COUNTDOWN TO VACAY!!! Keep the prize in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you've discovered some GOOD co-workers - with well-developed senses of humor! Whew(!) on Tim's new employer; like Rebecca said, that could have easily gone south. I've only seen 3-4 fireflies, but it takes me right back to my childhood!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.