May 16, 2019

Thankful Thursday

I'm feeling pretty sleep deprived this morning, which tends to color my outlook...okay, it makes me grouchy and negative. That's why it's a good thing today is the day I link up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. When I'm at my worst is exactly when I need to take time to reflect on all the blessings in my life. There is no better pick-me-up or antidepressant.

This week I am thankful...

** for all the rain we've had. Really. I may grouse about it a little, but I LOVE how lush and green everything is! My drive to work follows the Loyalhanna Creek and passes through a gorge at one point. As I entered it yesterday, it felt like driving into a rain forest...without all the creepy bugs and snakes.

** for a work place that tries to make things fun and show some appreciation for it's employees. This is National Skilled Nursing Home week (or something like that) and the administration at the home where I work has done something fun each day. Monday they had donuts and bagels for us and we could dress casually. Tuesday was tacos and casual dress. Yesterday they brought a tea cart around with cookies and tea, gave each of us a notebook cover with a notebook and Post-it tabs (it's bright purple, red, and blue and says "We don't do average, we do awesome!") and the casual dress code continued. Today they are having pizza for lunch and we can dress casual plus add crazy socks. Tomorrow there is an ice cream party and we're to wear purple (the home's color).

** for snuggles with Colton last night. He doesn't slow down to do much of that these days so when he cuddled up to watch Toy Story 2, this Nanny was sucking it up!

** for continued conversation with our daughter-in-law about the family tree. She even told me she has a genealogy page on Facebook, which amounts, I guess to being invited to join. That is HUGE progress in our relationship as she unfriended me years ago and even blocked me for a while.

** to have the new Fox and O'Hare novel from Janet Evanovich in my hands. Her son helped write this one and I'm loving it. It is funny...the way the Stephanie Plum novels used to be funny. This one is called The Big Kahuna, just in case you're interested.

** that I have this coming weekend off and it isn't sounding like it will be a washout rain-wise. I really, really need to get some work done in the yard and garden.

** for Alabama's new abortion law and that it challenges the Supreme Court ruling. I pray it does go back before the Supreme Court as the experts seem to think it will. With a conservative Court in place, we may finally see the undoing of Roe vs. Wade.

** that warm temperatures are slowly coming back.

** for each one of you!

There is so much more to be thankful for, but I have to get ready for work. I don't think "I was doing a blog post" is an acceptable reason for being late to work. But wouldn't it be cool if it was? HA!

Have a blessed and thankful day friends!

4 comments:

  1. So very many blessings. God is so good to us, isn't He. Hope you have a great day at work and I'm so glad they are giving you all some recognition that you deserve. I'm thankful for people like you willing to give of yourself to people like my sister now and my parents a few years ago. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such a great thankful post, Stacy! I love that your job is bring you satisfaction and joy now! How great to cuddle with Colton! Genealogy is a great way to smooth the waters, it seems. Thankful for that!! I have never read an Evanovich book that wasn't Stephanie. Will have to take a look at the one you mentioned above! I work Saturday. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Food's always a great way to show appreciation … in my book, at least! I, too, rejoiced at the new abortion law; and pray it opens a path to the Supreme Court.
    Love how you're able to turn your frown upside down. Thank you for being a great example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family reuniting is always a reason to be thankful! I love that you found lots to to thankful for even though you were sleep deprived!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.