April 18, 2019

Thankful Thursday and the April Challenge (Days 16-18)

Sorry I'm so late getting this posted today. I spent 45 minutes this morning writing one and then at the last minute my laptop did it again....*POOF*….no more post. I know they get "trained" somehow to respond to hand motions over the touch pad, but I have no idea what I do or how to make it un-learn. Sigh.

Well, enough whining. That's not what today's about and it won't change anything, anyway. 

Linking up with the sweet Rebecca Jo on this Maundy Thursday to give all thanks, praise and glory to the Lord for all the blessings in my life.



This week I am thankful...  

* for God's unconditional, never-ending love for each one of us personally. That it is so strong and so deep that he sent his own son to die in our place. And for Jesus who also loved us and took the punishment he didn't deserve, but we did. He bridged the gap between us and God that sin created. He defeated death and Satan and made it possible for us to live for eternity in heaven.

* for a great dinner Tuesday evening with my Bible study group and a fun day helping our teacher prepare the meal. 

* for a good week at work (and that I actually have this weekend off!).

* that a resident (one I knew personally in the past) passed away peacefully this morning with her husband and son at her bedside. She had truly been suffering for the last couple of months and she had been hanging on much longer than anyone thought she would. We are sad, but grateful that she is released from the prison of dementia.

* that Tim only has about 2 more months on his current project. It has been a bit of a nightmare from the very beginning and in recent weeks it has been bad. The subcontractors are giving him endless grief and his stress level is through the roof. I'm sure it isn't doing anything good for his blood pressure, either.

* to have been able to open the windows the last two days and get the house aired out. I love that I'm sitting here listening to the birds singing their last songs as it grows dark.

* that I got my shopping for Easter done tonight after work. Now all I have to do is fill eggs for the egg hunt, cook, and fill baskets.

* as always, for each one of you!




Day 16

The Word That You Overuse:  That would be "really." I tend to use it for emphasis way too much.

Day 17

A Pun: I accidentally swallowed some food coloring while coloring Easter eggs. The doctor says I'm okay, but I feel like I've dyed a little inside.

Day 18

How Would You Like To Be Described:  Kind, compassionate, humble, generous, giving, patient, loving, honest...I guess the bottom line would be as someone who lived what she believed. If I can do that, the rest will follow.

I hope to post again before Easter, but if it doesn't work out that way I wish each of you a happy, blessed and safe Easter! Enjoy your families, your meals, the candy, and the egg hunts but don't lose sight of what it is all about.


3 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter as we all remember the 'reason for the season'!! Hope you have pictures of the little ones to share with us from their Easter fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how hard it is to see the patients you connect with pass away, but also so relieved their suffering is over. What a tough job you have.
    Hope you have an amazing Easter!! Enjoy that weekend off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It had somehow never occurred to me to find out what maundy meant. Thanks! Happy Easter to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.