February 21, 2019

Thankful Thursday: Snow, Shoes & Work

Good morning! It's a pretty soggy one here....still a bit of drizzle in the air and yesterday's snow and ice is melting. Squishy describes our yard and driveway pretty well and it sounds like it will hold true through the weekend. More rain is on the way. The good news is that temperatures are going to stay a little warmer than normal (except for tomorrow) and be in the 40s and maybe even the 50s!

I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday, but I've got to be quick since I'm working that new earlier shift today. I like it. Getting home a little after 4:00 is awesome!



This week I am thankful...

* I made it to work without problems yesterday. It was nasty. What is usually a 15 minute drive took me 45 minutes. Route 30 was not cleared (no roads were) and traffic was lined up in one lane moving at about 20 mph. The combination of snow and freezing rain was treacherous and for once people were being cautious.

* I made it up into our driveway last night. It took me 10 tries, but I finally got up there.

* for my new shoes...Brooks Adrenaline. Soooo super comfy!


* that my whole Bible study group was able to get together this week. It has been ages and ages since we were all there. It was so much fun, we learned a lot, celebrated our teacher's birthday, and it just recharged my emotional and spiritual batteries to full!

* that my husband was willing to go to the shelter this past Sunday and spend a couple of hours meeting dogs, trying to get me one of the ones I wanted when I know he'd rather have done just about anything else.

* that the little dog I really, really wanted got a good home and will help a boy with Down Syndrome.

* that work continues to go well and my boss has been treating me very differently...like she actually thinks I'm competent. Ha!

* that I finally talked to the Director of Nursing about the aide who treats the dementia residents so poorly and she listened and thanked me...and assured me that she is going to start holding a lot of people accountable for their actions (she is new). I am so hopeful that is true.

* as always for each one of you!

I am off to pack my lunch and head to work. Have a blessed and wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Loving your new shoes! I'm always on the hunt for some good comfy shoes!!!
    My drive is the same in bad weather. You have to get a running start... & then you still skid all over it getting up the curved incline.
    praying your new Director is going to be on top of keeping people in check!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Brooks are adorable - I love Brooks!!! So comfy! I am so glad you made it home safely...I never left yesterday..I tried a few times and gave up when I slid!!! Fingers crossed the Director does what she said - no one should have to deal with that at work and no one should be allowed to treat others like some of your coworkers do!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes look great and I checked the site... they actually come in my size!! That rarely happens. I'm so glad things are better at work with your boss!! Sorry the weather has been so treacherous! I know you are a good driver but still worry about driving on ice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting the storm today (Thursday) and so far it's just snow. Inches and inches of it, but just snow. The mix is awful, so I'll take just snow.

    Your shoes look super comfy.

    Glad things are getting better at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are cool! My hubby is a loyal Brooks guy. We got the same weather that you did yesterday, and I also live near Route 30. Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.