December 13, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Good morning, Peeps! I'm running late and don't have much time, but I do want to take a couple of minutes to brag on God and show some thankfulness for all He has done and continues to do in my life. I'm linking up with sweet bloggy friend, Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand, who could really use your prayers, well wishes, and love right now.


This week I am thankful...

* for the very nice lunch work provided for us yesterday...turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green beans, gravy, salad, rolls, cake, pie, nut rolls...  It was really yummy and the administrators served it. Plus, they gave each of us a nice new fleece jacket with the company logo on it.

* for the middle school students who came to the home yesterday and gave of themselves and their time to brighten the residents' day with a craft, bingo, and Name That Tune. The residents weren't enthusiastic beforehand but the kids won them over quickly and there were big smiles and laughter all around.

* for the $15 Christmas present I gave myself. It's a Sylvania bluetooth speaker for my phone. I'm usually pretty leary of any kind of techie stuff since I don't know that much about it, but I took the chance on this and it is awesome. We use our phones for music, trivia and so much more at work, but my phone isn't all that loud so there have been problems. Not any more! I let the middle school kids who were doing Name That Tune with the residents use it yesterday and you could hear the music loud and clear halfway across the home! I got online last night and ordered 2 more from Walmart for my son and son-in-law for Christmas.

* that all things considered, we've been having pretty decent weather here. Sorry for the mess y'all are experiencing elsewhere, but I am soooo thankful it's not here. At least not for now. In fact, it's supposed to be in the 40s today!

* that my Christmas shopping is slowly getting done and without too much hassle since I don't seem to have as much time this year.

* our youngest grandson had a wonderful party for his 2nd birthday this past Sunday. I had to work and missed it, but from the stories I've heard about the crowd and wildness of his cousins...I'm kinda thankful for that, too! Today is his actual birthday and tonight we are going to his house, along with Mommy and Daddy, and his other grandparents, to give him his big gift from all of us. It's his first vehicle! A Power Wheels Dodge Ram Diesel with duel wheels. The thing is HUGE. Two kids can ride in it and haul a load in the bed. One thing's for sure, he won't outgrow it for several years.

* for our youngest grandson. He arrived 2 years ago today...a day late and in the middle of a terrible snow storm...but he has brought us nothing but joy and is a precious gift.

* and as always, for each of you!

Have a blessed and thankful day, my friends!

5 comments:

  1. Great list and I agree with the weather one! I left that off of mine and seeing it on yours made me realize that it is definitely one of mine! The weather here in Pgh has been awesome and I am so thankful we have not been hot by the tons of snow and ice that others are dealing with! Have a great night!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always so much to be thankful for and you have a wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see pictures of Colton on that Dodge Ram. Talk about being the most envied toddler in town! :) I'd not heard of those Bluetooth speakers before, but that's a grand idea for my music-loving hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see Colton's truck!! How nice that work treated you all so well with a delicious lunch and a jacket!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve a christmas treat for yourself!!!!
    I love the middle school kids came & loved on the residents... & that they warmed over to the kids. I need to get my kids back to the retirement center. THey love serving there!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.