December 11, 2018

10 Reasons Why It's Better to Shop From Home

Actual photo of me out Christmas shopping.

Call me Scrooge if you want to, I can take it...and frankly, I don't care. I loathe going Christmas shopping. Shopping itself is fine. So is Christmas. It's when the two become conjoined that it all heads south. In honor of that (and the fact that I went out to do actual in-store shopping today), I'm giving you 10 good reasons to do your shopping from home.


1. No crowds to fight. No feeling like a salmon swimming upstream to reach your goal.

2. Hungry? Thirsty? No need to find a restaurant or wait in a long drive-thru line...just stroll out to the kitchen.

3. Pajamas. You can wear your pajamas to shop at home. It's the ultimate in comfy shopping.

4. Availability. The store is always open when you want to shop.

5. Selection. The whole world is literally at your fingertips. How long would it take you to cover the same "gound" going to physical stores?

6. Pain-free. No tired achy feet from miles of walking. No aching back from lugging shopping bags.

7. Easy searching. No digging through piles of stuff for the right size, the right color, or whatever. Just a click of the mouse button and you know if they have it.

8. Extra savings. If you sign up with them, most stores offer even more discounts to online customers. Plus, you don't have to use any gas driving to the store and shipping is usually free this time of year (and also usually within 2 days).

9. Peace. No dealing with all that Christmas spirit that rears its head when everyone is in a hurry and grabbing for the same item, which is the last one in a 100 mile radius.

10. Privacy. You don't even have to stop shopping when nature calls if you don't want to. Just take the laptop with you. Not that I do...but I could...if I wanted to. Just saying.

**BONUS**

Getting to know the mailman, FedEX, UPS, and DHL delivery men as personal friends.




8 comments:

  1. Being stuck at home during Christmas, I'm learning how awesome shopping from home is too - its basically where I'm doing all my shopping this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree with each point you made, Stacy!! Yes indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting your blog from Treasures by Toni, and I couldnt agree more about shopping from home by mail. It is definitely the way to go! Have a blessed Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About 10 years ago, our UPS guy looked like Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights. He's gone now. They assigned him to a different route, I guess. Sigh ... I still watch for him. Not everyone can rock those shorts, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aside from small mom-and-pop establishments, I do all my shopping on-line. Etsy shops are so great for those one of a kind treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree!! It feels awesome having boxes arriving everyday! I love getting presents sent to my home even if I purchased them for someone else! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.