December 9, 2018

Sunday Stealing

I'm linking up with the thieves at Sunday Stealing tonight because I'm working tomorrow and afterward I'm going to try and catch a little bit of our grandson's birthday party (can you believe that little stinker is 2 already???).


This is from "Dreamy"


Favorite novel and author?  I usually say Little Women is my favorite novel and as far as the usual, well-known books go, it is. There is one I like more than any other, but hardly anyone has heard of it. It's called Lottery by Patricia Woods and in my humble opinion it should be a modern American classic. 

Lottery tells the story of Perry L. Crandall. 

Perry L. Crandall knows what it’s like to be an outsider. With an IQ of 76, he’s an easy mark. Before his grandmother died, she armed Perry well with what he’d need to know: the importance of words and writing things down, and how to play the lottery. Most important, she taught him whom to trust, a crucial lesson for Perry when he wins the multimillion-dollar jackpot. As his family descends, moving in on his fortune, his fate, and his few true friends, he has a lesson for them: never, ever underestimate Perry Crandall.

Favorite perfume/scent?  I stick to body sprays with fruit scents. Perfumes are too heavy and give me a sinus headache. Anything floral or spice based does the same thing.

Coffee or tea?  Tea, preferably herbal. I don't like coffee at all.

Are you a cat or dog person?  I like both, but I guess for pure companionship, a dog can't be beat. They are always glad to see you and up for any adventure. Cat's are under the impression that we are their pets and the relationship exists on their terms.

Which mythical creature would you transform into if you could?  A dragon, because how cool would that be?

Favorite time period?  The 1980s. America was strong and on top, we had a good president, the economy was doing pretty well, the music rocked, I met and married my husband, had my first child, and my hair was made for the 80s...I had a great hair DECADE.

Name 3 films that have changed your life and have shaped you into the person you are today.  I can't think of any movie that's had that power.

Diamonds or pearls? It depends on the outfit and the occasion, but generally speaking, diamonds.

Dream destination?  At this point in the day? My bed. Okaaaaay, a "real" answer (geez, but you're such a stickler!) would be Israel.

Favorite fictional character?  Janet Evanovich's character, Stephanie Plum. She's in her 30s, in okay shape, still gets her mom to feed her and do her laundry, she's surrounded by the quirkiest characters, and she's got two handsome hunks sort of fighting over her...and neither one seems to give her an ultimatum about choosing one or the other.

Share a quote or passage that means something to you. My dad's oft heard wise bit of wisdom was that "a job worth doing is worth doing well)

What's your favorite plant/flower?    Sunflower                                     

What do you value most in people?  Good character. That covers anything else I can think of.



6 comments:

  1. YES on the perfume! They give me a headache! Every so often someone will wear one that is nice and light that does not give me a headache, but I do not wear it.
    I am not a coffee fan either and I grew up in the 80's too, so I love that time. I almost put the 80's. The music was awesome too! Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had wild hair in the 80s (a mohawk for a while, though I did not spike it) and asymmetrical cuts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie Plum rocks! (Have you read any of the Kinsey Milhone series by Sue Grafton?) I've seen and heard really good things about Lottery; thanks for underscoring friends' reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We both said Stephanie Plum!! I just got book 25 and can't wait to start it when I finish the book I am reading now. Great answers for some different questions this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had spiky, eggplant colored hair in the 1980s. Intentionally. It was a great time to play with hair and fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.