December 28, 2018

Friday Foto Friends: My First Link-up

I've never participated in Friday Foto Friends before, but there's a first time for everything! Linking up with Debra @ Breathing in Grace.


I decided to participate this week because I want to share what we did in the dementia unit yesterday.

We worked on a give-back project. I let the residents sort through squares of material cut from the donated scrubs of the home's employees. They chose the patterns and colors they liked and then with some direction from them I arranged the layout of two lap robes on the floor.




I took pictures of the layouts and sent them to the unit's director who will sew them together and back them. Then they will be brought back for residents to add the little yarn knots.

When finished they'll be donated to veterans and the local paper is going to do a nice write-up about the unit and the residents.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea and good for everyone involved! I'm sure the veterans will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid idea! So glad the media is helping spread your idea; hopefully, it might catch on across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! & they look so pretty with the colors & pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! And such a stimulating activity. I hope you post the finished products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They chose two really nice designs!! Please be sure to share the newspaper link with us when they are done!! I hope at least a few of them will remember that they helped with the designs! Thanks for sharing, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.