November 3, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Waxing Nostalgic About Vapo Rub Fumes


Thanks go to Bev of Funny the World for "stealing" another week's worth of fun questions. If you enjoy this sort of thing and would like to join in, just click the button!



This is stolen from Freaky PopTart

1. What's the coldest temp you've experienced?  Right now I think it's my living room...I'm freezing!! Okay, I can't swear it's the coldest, but one morning last winter the temperature at work was -25 degrees. 

2. What's for dinner tonight?  We tried a new restaurant with friends tonight, Lupi & Leo's. Tim had seafood jambalaya, I had their signature burger with onion and bacon jam. We also had a garlic bread pizza for an appetizer and pumpkin spice bread pudding for dessert. We will be going back.


3. Would you consider moving to Australia?  Once upon a time I'd have had my bags packed before I had finished reading the question, but the older I get, the more I believe "there's no place like home."


4. What was your favorite subject in high school?  Any and all of my literature classes.


5. How many hours a day is your tv on?  I rarely have it on during the day, but Tim turns it on as soon as he gets home and it stays on until I turn it off when I go to bed. He also has it on for a while in the morning before he leaves for work, so...maybe 6 hours? Not that we're actually watching it all that time.


6. Have you ever received an award?  Yes, but not recently.


7. Whats your mousepad look like?  It was a freebie from the Paralyzed Veterans or someone like that. It has an American flag and the top part of the Constitution.


8. How many browser tabs do you have open right now?  Three.


9. If you are a parent, have you or did you ever put Vicks VapoRub on your children under the age of 2?  I don't think so. Vicks was sort of out of favor when I was raising my kids. 


10. As an adult, do you like the scent of Vicks VapoRub? I can't say that I like it, but I don't hate it. I had a lot of respiratory illnesses growing up so I was slathered in the stuff on a regular basis. I guess I'm used to it. Kind of like the taste of Robitussin.

11. If you had to pick one insect to infest your house for 1 day and after that day they would just suddenly vanish, which insect infestation would you pick?  Butterflies.


12. What color is your underwear that you are wearing right at this moment?  I'll never understand why so many of these quizzes want to know that. I'm a 54 year old grandma...my gutchies aren't that exciting. However, if you must know, they are white with thin black stripes and little red hearts.

16 comments:

  1. Butterflies would almost be a FUN infestation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked butterflies too! I love to go to butterfly houses and be surrounded by them. I think I could deal with it for a day. They are so beautiful. I enjoyed your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do that??? That would be a cool thing to do with the grandkids. I wonder if we have any around here?

      Delete
  3. Infestations: I thought about butterflies but only after lady bugs.
    I'd still go to Australia if my kids did.
    I like your underwear. In a nice way. ;o)
    Man alive! It is COLD where you are. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That temp was pretty extreme, thank goodness. If it got that cold here all the time I'd have my bags packed and my butt moved to Florida so fast I'd be like the Roadrunner...all you'd see is a cloud of dust! LOL

      Delete
  4. 'Gutchies'? LOL, I never heard that term before. (I'd just ask, "WHY???") Your dinner entrées sound soooo good!
    I can't even wrap my mind around -25*. There's an ice bar in Las Vegas I used to wanted to visit. Everything (including the bar) is made of ice! Supposedly they cloak their patrons in fur and parkas and only allow them a limited amount of time inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up hearing "gutchies." I'm not sure but since I lived in a Polish/Hungarian neighborhood, it probably is one of those. Somehow it's morphed into "undermagutchies" when I'm talking to the little ones.
      I can't wrap my mind around -25, either. Thankfully, that is the only time I remember the actual temperature being that cold. Our windchills get that cold a few times a winter, but the actual temperature...that was bone chilling for real!
      Um, I'd take a pass on that ice bar.

      Delete
  5. I didn't think of butterflies! They would be prettier than dragonflies, I think! I enjoyed your answers and agree with you about the underwear question. You will never find that one on a Wednesday Medley! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I just tried to think of the least "icky" bug I could come up with.

      Delete
  7. Butterflies wins over flies I guess, although I don't know if they poop or spit. :-) As for the underwear question - yes, who cares? Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stacy, Enjoyed reading your answers to Sunday Stealing. Loved your dinner choices and chuckled over your Random Question answer and I agree with you on why was it necessary to ask. Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy, I don't know why I did not think of butterflies! I can't imagine - anything since I am from So Calif. We freeze at 50 degrees! Never heard of the undie term but it is cute! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.