September 11, 2018

Tuesday 10

I missed posting last week. My bad. So...before I run out of time and have to head to work, here is this week's installment of the Tuesday 10.

10 THINGS ON MY MIND

1. Work. Today is the first time I will be completely on my own as the life enrichment person in the dementia unit. Tomorrow I will begin training to be out on the floor in the rest of the facility.

2. Hurricane Florence and those I know who may be affected. Friends are leaving tomorrow to drive south to Georgia and then Florida for a 4-day cruise. Then they are supposed to drive up the coast to visit family and friends in Top Sail and another coastal town. They refuse to change their plans so their safety is front and center in my prayers.

3. My daughter. She had some sort of outpatient procedure yesterday. They were looking at her bladder to see if she had some condition a urologist suspected. We were hoping this was the case as it would give her some long needed answers. No cure or fix, but a plan of attack, at least. But they told her they didn't find anything wrong. Back to square one.

4. Rain. Or rather the lack of it. The rain was supposed to be over by noon yesterday, but continued all day. When I went to bed at 12:00 last night it was still raining. What a wonderful thing to wake up today to find that it has finally stopped!

5. Walmart. I need to stop after work. We need bread, lettuce, mayo, socks, and I want to get a few pairs of black leggings for work.

6. Serena Williams' horrid behavior over the weekend. All that ranting and raving and accusations aimed at the official. Then to have her coach ADMIT he was trying to cheat....  For shame, Serena. That kind of behavior isn't fitting for anyone, but especially knot for an athlete of her caliber. And in all of her ranting and crying about sexist officials she doesn't seem to care that she stripped that lovely young woman she played against of her moment in the sun...and I'm suspecting of her idol.

7. The coming weekend which will be the first one I've worked in years and years. Probably since our daughter was about 3. She's 26 now. That's kind of the only thing about my job I'm not thrilled with.

8. The coming year. Our Bible study group met last night to celebrate the Jewish New Year. It's a big one in the Jewish world. They just finished their year of Jubilee, last week marked what they believe was the anniversary of Creation, and this year is the 70th anniversary year of the re-establishing of Israel as a nation. It is interesting to follow what they are saying over there as Messianic Jews believe we are very close to the times and things described in Revelation. Traditional Jews are doing things that according to scripture prepare the way for the Messiah (who they believe is yet to come). Just really, really interesting stuff.

9. The "party" I'm having on Facebook tonight and throughout the week, I think. I'm kind of kicking myself for signing up to have it, but I wanted to help out a friend. Sigh. It's for undergarments that are similar to Spanx, but that I'm told is far better. It's kind of pricey, but I suppose no more so than good quality undergarments tend to be.

10. Patriots' Day. It's hard to believe it's been 17 years since the attacks of September 11, 2001. So much has changed since then in our thinking, our way of living, of how we view our safety, and even how we view the world and people around us. President and Mrs. Trump will be at the Flight 93 Memorial today for the ceremony (I am praying the Trump haters will stay away). My thoughts and prayers are with those missing a loved one who died that day.


I'm off to work in a few minutes. Wish me well and wish me wisdom and insights into getting the residents to engage. It's gotten pretty bad with several of them declining all at once. The director is working on a new program because what is currently in place worked when the residents were higher functioning, but now they are almost totally level 4's...which is the last stage before the one that brings the end.

8 comments:

  1. To be fair - I'm not a huge Serena fan either - but she really shouldnt have been penalized for her coach. ALL coaches do what he did - & honestly, they should be able too - whats the point of a coach BUT TO COACH??? Makes no sense to me. Every other sport has coaches giving tips along the way. Dumb. & I truly dont think she saw him. .... & I have seen men say 4 letter words & nothing is brought against them. I think the whole thing was a mess & in the end, I feel worse for the winner - she just looked defeated, even though she was the winner. A sad day in tennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm not saying the rule about coaching isn't stupid, but it is a rule and she and her coach know that. What I was having a problem with was her uncontrolled temper. Bad show...and that is probably what everyone will remember her for now instead of the years of being a champion. I agree that had she been a male it would have been treated differently. Many of them have behaved badly over the years.

      Delete
  2. I don't feel like it is Serena's fault at all but her coach on the other hand should know better! I don't even think she was looking at him but shame on him for trying to cheat! I thought Serena handled it well when she asked her fans to stop booing and she congratulated the winner. With a title like that on line I was not surprised she was highly emotional.
    Good luck with the new job and with the training! Enjoy the change!
    I hope your daughter has answers soon-that can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't really think she was aware...I'm just disappointed in the poor behavior. It was good that she asked the fans to stop booing and congratulated the winner, but for me it was a little too little and too late.

      Delete
  3. Bless you, Stacy, for the work you are doing now. Bless you!

    I don't watch tennis, but did see some of Serena's tantrum on TV. What a shame and what a horrid example to set.

    Keep us posted on your daughter's bladder problem. Hope it will be okay!!

    I Signed up for your group on FB and did go to the website to look at the undergarments. I can't afford them, but wish I could!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking. The Ruby Ribbon stuff is expensive. I ended up having the party for a friend when I didn't want to spend the money at hers since I was still off work when she had it. What we don't do for friends, eh? lol They didn't find anything wrong with my daughter's bladder, but the fact they didn't find what they were looking for points the way to check out a couple of other things. Apparently this is very common with white women of her generation. Never heard of it. There is hope that the test they did will "cure" her. The doctor said it sometimes does.

      Delete
  4. I don't watch tennis either, wish all athletes would behave themselves. I sometimes think stardom goes to their head! I do wish you well and home all goes well on your job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it surely must change many people when they have so many fawning all over them. They start to believe their own press. Thank you for the good wishes.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.