September 5, 2018

Saying Farewell to the Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's a happy day...the Wednesday Hodgepodge is back!...and a sad day...it's the last one. Joyce has decided not to continue. After 9 years, that's understandable. It's tough to come up with interesting questions week after week and visiting all the blogs playing along is time consuming. I wish you well, Joyce, in wherever the future takes you and your blog.



1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people! 

I know it is still summer, but the season of pumpkin spice EVERYTHING has begun...a fact I'm torturing a girl at work with! But back to summer. The highlight of my summer was definitely having my daughter and her family buy the house next door to us and getting to spend so much time with this guy, who isn't feeling very well at the moment.



2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?


I always wish I had gotten to go more places. This year was another year of staying home because of my husband's work and babysitting. I also always wish I had spent less time on the same thing...social media, be it the blog, Facebook, or whatever.

3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?


I'm already doing it. I'm at my new job and loving it. I can't think of anything else because I don't really know what my work schedule will end up being at this point so I haven't planned anything.

4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?


Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles

5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.




6. Insert your own random thought here.



Truth. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. I never cease to be in awe of how He does exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. It may not always feel that way at the time, but a bit of time and distance shows His wisdom far surpasses mine. God is exactly who He says He is. He can and does do exactly what He says He can and will do. He is the same today as He was yesterday and the same as He will be tomorrow.

Now I'm off to work. Have a blessed day, friends! And God bless, Joyce. Thanks for all the years of fun!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, having the kids move in to the house next door. That could be a great blessing. We will miss Hodgepodge, too. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time it is, but yeah, there is a day now and then when I am screaming in my head..."Could you just go home for a while so I can get something done???" But I wouldn't change it at all. You have a blessed week, too!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to have family next door!! Our kids are so spread out geographically. Loved your uplifting thought. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good. I love that at least one of my kids and grands is nearby. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Pumpkin, pumpkin spice...I found a kajillion pumpkin-related recipes on Pinterest yesterday, including cute yeast rolls that look like pumpkins. :)

    Aww I'm sorry that your grandson isn't feeling well. I hope that he will be okay very soon. I think it is great that they've moved right next door to you. What a blessing!

    Your #5 is a great one. We never get these moments back and need to use them to the fullest, to bless and love those around us.

    That sameness of Heavenly Father is a great comfort, too, especially in the face of those that say "He doesn't do that anymore". Yes, He DOES still do that anymore!

    Have a blessed week and a beautiful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh YES! I am already browsing the pumpkin recipes. So many to try, but I am looking for one to imitate the best stew I've ever had. Years ago a local place served ham and pumpkin stew in the fall. It was so good, but I've never been able to find a recipe that even comes close.

      Thank you, the little guy seems to be feeling a lot better this evening...now it's Daddy and Pappy who aren't feeling well. Somehow his mommy and I seem to have avoided the bug.

      Amen! He definitely, most certainly DOES still to that!

      A blessed week to you, too!

      Delete
  4. I share your thoughts on the answer to number 2. Wish I had'a. You are sooooo lucky to have your family next door. What a wonderful thing. And your positive thoughts and random thoughts were great! God is good and He knows when the times are right. He makes all things beautiful IN HIS TIME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those wish I had'a's.... We don't get to see our other grandkids very often so I figure this is my reward, having one right next door. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. It was good to read your hodgepodge and your encouragement. We're moving closer to our son's family and our one grand so far but not right next door...8 miles away from them instead of 300 miles away. :) Have a wonderful September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Praying your move goes smoothly so you can get right on to enjoying the grandbaby! Wishing you a wonderful September, too!

      Delete
  6. That impromptu(?) photo of your grandson is so cute!
    … and your last slide makes me want to print and have put on a big canvas. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was impromptu. His mom and I had been trying for the last hour to get a picture of him in his monster slipper and t-shirt that said "Little Monster." He wasn't having it and all the pictures show him making goofy faces, hiding behind something, or he moved and their blurry. When he got outside he just laid down and started playing with his truck. I guess he was DONE! LOL

      That's one of my favorite sayings. It would make an awesome thing for some crafty person to turn into something cute.

      Delete
  7. I love Greg Iles. I'm going to put that one on my list. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize it was book #6 in a series when I bought it, but it could stand alone. Iles filled in the background without getting bogged down in it and while the courtroom scenes could have been quite dry and dull, they kept me on the edge of my seat!

      Delete
  8. That little one living next door is just the best thing of not only summer but of the rest of the year too!! He is adorable. I am so sorry the Hodgepodge is done, but I sure do understand. Glad you are loving the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure it's fabulous having a grandchild right next door. How do you get anything done : ) Mine is here visiting for a week and I kind of drop all the balls and just enjoy him. I didn't know you had a new job. Congrats! And I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.