August 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Good morning, Beautifuls! It's Thursday, which means it's time to take a moment to be thankful for life's blessings. This week it also means it's root canal day for me. Yippee.

Root canals aside, there is soooo much to be thankful for. If you'd like to join in the sharing of things you're thankful for each week, please be sure to pay a visit to our hostess the sweet, adorable, and Beauty & the Beast obsessed Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand.  There you can find links to the posts of others who participate, link your own post, and read Rebecca Jo's post...and her posts are always so honest and interesting to read....it's like sitting down for a chat with a good friend over a cup of Starbuck's (because if it's Rebecca Jo...Starbuck's is involved!).



This week I am thankful...

* in spite of my grumbling to be getting that root canal this morning. Nice to not have to worry about when the pain will strike next. On a related note, I'm glad that whatever temporary measure the dentist took on Monday did eventually eliminate all pain and has kept me that way until today.

* also, that my appointment is for first thing this morning so it'll be over and done with and I don't have to think about it all day.

* that I am nearly done doing all the things I have to do to be able to start my new job. The last condition to be met is getting my second TB shot tomorrow and they will check it on Monday. It's possible that I will start my training immediately after that.

* for all the friends and former employers who gave favorable reports this week when my new employer called my references. Is that a normal thing? Calling references AFTER a person is already hired?

* all the "business casual" clothes I ordered online have arrived. I have at least a week's worth of outfits to work with and there is the fact that they have casual Fridays when I'll be able to wear jeans and t-shirts.

I am waiting on the shoes I ordered, though. They have been shipped, but could come any time between today and Monday. I'm hoping for today or tomorrow because they recommend a couple of days to get used to them. I guess they're a little bit different to walk in, but I'm hopeful they will eliminate (or at least greatly reduce) foot pain. They have good reviews.

* for today's perfect weather.  Yesterday was gray and rainy and the temperature stayed in the low 70s and it dipped down to about 50 last night. This morning is actually a little chilly, but the sun is already shining very brightly and it's going to be 75 today. Perfect!

* the August Happiness Challenge I've been participating in every day. I love being aware of and sharing something that has made me happy and it's been fun to read what other bloggers have found happiness in. Sometimes it's a huge expected kind of thing, but often it is something small. I love that!

* that my friend offered me the "cuddle chair" she is letting go to make room for 2 new chairs. It will be perfect for when my grandson, the poodle and I are all cuddled up together to read a book or watch TV. Maybe I'll even be able to coax my husband into it!
The one I'm getting looks a lot like this. A cuddle chair is
sort of a chair and a half. Bigger than a normal chair
but not as big as a love seat. Two adults can sit in
it, but it's snug. That's where the cuddle comes in!

* that our son wants the recliners we currently have, thinks they're amazing, and can't believe we are getting rid of them. We are loading them up on my hubby's truck tonight and he will drop them off on his way home from work tomorrow.

* that the big oak Amish rocker I hauled home from Lancaster years ago is coming back to me. I had given it to our daughter when she was expecting and moving into her first apartment. It turned out she wasn't a rocking kind of person, but I am and as the person who can ALWAYS get our grandson to go to sleep having the rocker back to speed the process up will be nice.

* for the amazing discussions we have in the Bible study group I go to. We actually have a plan of study, but often follow the rabbit trails that come up in discussion. We are blessed to have a husband and wife teaching us and that they are life-long serious students of the Word. They know a LOT about Jewish customs and traditions, Roman culture, and the husband has studied the Greek language while the wife knows Hebrew so we also have the benefit of learning the deeper meaning of the original language. I've never, ever come across another group like this and I love it. These people are my CHOSEN family.

* as always, for each one of you and the blessing you bring to my days!

Have a wonderful day and keep your eyes open for your blessings...they're there if you're looking for them!



10 comments:

  1. That cuddle chair is perfect - I love it! Hope you shoes arrive on time - they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it perfect?! There is always a "fight" to be the one to sit in it at my friend's. LOL

      Delete
  2. Yep - you already know Starbucks would be involved :) haha - that made me laugh.
    I love that chair. I've been looking for a good chair that size to get rid of a loveseat I have in a bedroom.
    Glad you're getting the root canal over with early. They never have bothered me - I've literally fallen asleep during them - but get that numbing wore off so you can enjoy some dinner tonight pain free :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was giggling, too. Speaking of Starbucks, I totally forgot we have one in town now. The one by Barnes & Noble didn't have any mugs so first chance I get I'll check ours. Look for a cuddle chair on Wayfair.com that's where I stole the picture from and they had a LOT of them. The root canal didn't exactly bother me, but it was all the way in the back...a lousy location to work on and really hard to get down into. It took an hour and a half to do that one stinking tooth. I thought my jaw was going to fall off. No pain, just a little tender from the clamp.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know those were called cuddle chairs. We have one and I use it all the time and it was especially wonderful a couple weeks ago when my grandson was there. He took a nap in it with me. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I do ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will. Colton loves to cuddle up with me to watch his favorite shows or read and then the jealous poodle has to nudge in so the extra room is going to be great!

      Delete
  4. The cuddle chair looks so comfy!! I've never seen one before! References called after a hire... usually the "hire" is made conditional on passing the drug tests and reference checks. That gives the company an out should there be bad references or a problem with the drug check. Not a worry for you, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought, but there's never been any doubt about my being hired. It seemed an odd order of doing things, but they have been in business for a very long time. I guess they know what they're doing.

      Delete
  5. The root canal aside, I'm so glad you're enjoying this busy week! I'd never heard of a cuddle chair, and now I'm really wanting one! … same for those shoes. The price point is a little off putting (for me) right now, but it might help with my back issues. Please let us know if you love them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wayfair.com has tons of cuddle chairs. Yes, the price of the shoes scared me, too, especially with buying them online without trying them on. I know I can still return them or exchange them if the size is wrong, but what if they don't work??? I did a lot of reading up on reviews and the good seems to far outweigh the bad so I talked to Tim and he said to go for it since a good pair of regular sneakers is at least $80 and I already know they don't really help. If they work, I will be their biggest fan and singing their praises.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.