June 14, 2018

Thankful Thursday

I'm continuing to do Thankful Thursday posts, though I don't know if I will be linking up again any time soon with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand. Life has really been giving her a tough time lately and she has not been doing much posting. I understand, as we learn in God's Word, "there is a time to grieve," and this is her time. But I'm going to keep posting and Rebecca is in my thoughts and prayers as she grieves and heals from the things the world has dumped on her.


So much to be thankful for this week....

* I had a wonderful day out with my friend, Fran, yesterday. We both get Deva Curl haircuts and stylists who do those are few and far between up here in the north. So, we have to drive a bit to get there. The stylist we use recently moved to Monroeville (just a bit this side of Pittsburgh) and that is a major shopping and dining mecca so while our appointments were for 2:00 we decided to make a day of it. We browsed our way through Home Goods, At Home, Pat Catans, and Jo-Anne Fabrics (Terri, I got one of those tiered, galvanized serving pieces like you keep seasonal decor in...I've loved yours since you featured it) and enjoyed a fantastic lunch of Mexican food at Patrons. YUM!!

* My new haircut is the bestest! I guess it isn't much different in style, but it is a whole lot shorter. It feels so light and cool to have all that heavy, curly hair off my face and neck. Now I just have to start playing with it and train it to go the way I want it to.

* The kids are completely out of their apartment and settled into my mom's house to wait for the closing on their new house. They talked with the loan company yesterday and it still looks like closing is on track for the 18th as long as nothing goes wrong with the dye test today.

* Seeing our littlest grandson running around outside. Our yard and my mom's yard are back to back and when the kids move into their house they will only be one (empty) lot away. He is loving having room to roam and we are loving watching his joy at discovering the world.

* A friend, who is a podiatrist, is going to lend my husband a pair of crutches so we don't have to buy a pair for his upcoming knee surgery.

* Everything is falling into place for the surgery without any fuss or problems!

* We had a fantastic discussion Monday in the Beth Moore Bible study on the fruit of the Spirit. It has been such a good class and it has bonded us ladies in a special way. I'm going to be sorry to see it end next month.

* My "regular" Bible study group is studying 1 Timothy and that's a good one, too. This week we looked at the role of women in the church. It was so interesting because we really dug into the history of the times and what was going on in Ephesus when Paul wrote what he did on that subject.

* All the rain we've had has kept the humidity and temperatures at comfortable levels for the last week. We're back to sunshine and low 80s for the days ahead, but so far the humidity is staying down.

* My garden (if that's what you call it when it's in raised beds and pots) is really thriving in this weather. I have one zucchini plant that is just busting out with blossoms all over the place. If it actually produces that many zucchinis I'm going to be in trouble!

* And of course, all of you are a special blessing that I give thanks for every day!

And now I am off to get my CDL physical so I will be good to drive for another year if that is to be my lot.

Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. What a bursting bushel of good news! I can't wait to see pix of your 'new' hair. It's a gloomy overcast day here, but I'm giving thanks for less-than-usual humidity. That, and your mention of Mexican fare has my taste-buds going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to be thankful for!! Especially having that little one so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you are continuing & yes my sweet friend, I'll be back soon... I promise. I am still searching deep in every day for gratitude - just as God instructs us to do... & its always there. Even in the worst of times.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.