April 1, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Some Very Random Questions

Joining the Sunday Stealing crew for this week's questions.  If you enjoyed reading my answers please visit Sunday Stealing's site for links to the others playing along. 






From Bits and Pieces by Melissa
 and from
marc and Angel hack life


1. What Are Three Things You Need To Buy? 


  • eggs
  • Apparently, a wreath hanger. I know I have 2 somewhere in this house besides the Christmas ones that are packed with the decorations, but do you think I can find either one of them?
  • Batteries. The remote just died.


2. My Biggest Hope Is________.


To have the kind of relationship with my grandchildren that I had with my Nana.

3. What Was The Last New Thing You Tried?


I tried out the jungle gym Tim built for the grandkids this afternoon.  It's a new thing, just finished (except for the slide which no one had in stock) and I got to swing first!

4. What Mood Were You In Today?


Pretty good. I had a lot to do, but I didn't get stressed over it.  It was nice having Tim home on a Saturday and we just worked all day at everything that needed doing.  I had a nice chat with a neighbor and when I went shopping I picked up some food and gave it to the homeless man standing on the curb by the traffic light.

5. What would be a better name for the color of goldenrod-colored paper?


Mustard?  Golden Retriever?  Pollen?

6. Where did you get your silverware?


It was a Christmas gift.

7. What artifact from this past week would you have bronzed as a keepsake and heirloom?


I can't think of a single thing.  The things I've valued most this week haven't been things at all, but kind words, thoughtful deeds, and hugs from the littlest grandson.

8. What was the most recent ceremony you attended?


I guess it would be our daughter's wedding back in September. I can't think of anything since then.

9. What east Asian cuisine is good for your Seoul?


I don't think I've ever eaten Korean.  Does Chinese cuisine count?  I could live on beef or chicken with broccoli, beef lo mein, chow mei fun, egg rolls, and crab rangoon.

10. What life lesson did you learn the hard way? 


There is no such think as privacy or anonymity online no matter how much you think you've covered your tracks.
    
11. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?


I wish I had spend more time NOT worrying about our daughter.  All the worry and she did what she wanted to do and while it was rough, she came out the other side okay.  

12. What gets you excited about life?


My faith, my family, and my grandchildren.

13. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?


I guess not since I can't even remember anything.

14. What does your joy look like today?


This is kind of an odd question, but I think I get it. Maybe. Today, my joy looks like a husband home on a Saturday, Easter baskets filled with goodies and sitting in a row, most of tomorrow's dinner already cooked or cooking now, helping Tim finish the jungle gym, a sunny day, steaks with fresh corn-on-the-cob for supper, another book read, and realizing I still have two days of vacation left.


15. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?

Most likely the list will be topped by the same things it is now, my faith and my family, but I'm sure new things will be on that list by then.  Things like my health (which is already rapidly climbing higher on the list), my friends (if they're still alive), and not being made to live in a nursing home.  

Well, that's all for this week.  I am off to bed to get rested up for tomorrow and the whole family being together.  Enjoy and have a.....


10 comments:

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.