April 5, 2018

Being Thankful & April Challenge #5

Linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand to show God that I'm paying attention and have noticed all the great things He does.


This week I am thankful...

* for my risen Lord and what His resurrection means.

* for a wonderful Easter with our family. We only get all three grandkids together a few times a year so we sure enjoy it when we do. 

* that whatever "bug," illness, or whatever I got on Tuesday was very short-lived.

* that my boss was able to get my route covered even though I'd already done part of it when the "bug" hit me.

* the grandkids absolutely LOVED the jungle gym Tim built them for Easter (and that was without the slide and no sand in the sandbox). Aeden was heard to say it was "the best day ever!"  Those kids sure made their Pappy's day.

* for the common interest of genealogy to share with my daughter-in-law.

* that all the orders from my Thirty-One party came today. I love, love, love my stuff!

* that you can do those direct marketing parties (to help out your friends) on Facebook now. People are way more willing to "attend" that way than to come to the house.

* that the sun was out today even if it was cold.

* that sometimes God answers prayers immediately and undeniably.

* Tim took me out for supper last night. We both had really good cheeseburgers (sometimes you just get a craving for something). He had fries with his and I had homemade potato chips (chippers, they call them) with mine.

* that when I went looking for new sneakers on Monday the local sporting goods store had nearly all of their shoes on sale. I was able to get a sweet pair of turquoise and yellow Asics and a cute pair of Sketchers Go-Walk slip-on sandals for less than I was expecting to pay for just the Asics.

* for my mom's jello poke cake. I love those things and she made it for Easter dessert.

* that the relationship with my daughter has ironed itself out quite a bit this last year. We can talk these days without her getting mad over everything I say or do. I do believe the light at the end of the tunnel is finally here!

* for ginger-lime Diet Coke. It's so yummy!

* of course, for all of you!

Now to get on with the April Challenge with Kwizgiver.

Challenge #5

A place you would live but have never visited.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I think about where I'd love to live all the time, but I consider every detail...I'm kind of picky. If I'm going to move I don't want it to be too hot or too cold. I don't want to live in Tornado Alley or on land that's likely to shake loose and fall into the ocean or be cooked by a volcano or washed away in a hurricane, flood, or tsunami. I don't want to live where I have to worry about being blown up or taken hostage. I don't want to live in a dictatorship or anywhere too liberal, for that matter. I want to live where there are others who I have things in common with and there should be entertainment, dining, and cultural offerings. 

I just couldn't tell all that about a place without visiting it and experiencing it first-hand. So, I guess the answer is I would NOT live anywhere I hadn't thoroughly checked out in person.

Oh, and I don't want to live far away from our grandchildren.

6 comments:

  1. Great list of thanksgiving, Stacy! Thank God, your 'bug' was short-lived! I've not heard of ginger-lime diet Coke, but it bears checking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's also mango, an orange-y one (I forget what it's called), and fiery cherry.

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous of your shoe sale! I need some new tennies!!!
    UGHHH - bugs are still going around... but I guess with winter still sticking on us, it makes sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I desperately needed a new pair. Do you have Dunham's by you? That's where I got them.

      Delete
  3. You have a great thankful list! I guess our April Challenge answers are pretty similar. Happy Friday & weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.