Good morning, y'all! I know I'm not a southerner, but y'all sure sounds better than the local Pittsburghese "yinz or youns." It's a sort of rainy, definitely dreary day here. At least it's not cold. Yet. The snow is due back by tomorrow morning. Whoopee.
I'd say this day needs a little "sonlight" to perk it up, so being that it's Thursday and all...I'm joining up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.
This week I am thankful...
* that none of the many, many school threats around here in the wake of the Florida school shootings were carried out. Most were just empty threats. The small handful that weren't were caught in time thanks to people (including students) being willing to get involved and report threatening things they see or hear and for the schools, police forces, fire departments, and FBI agents who all take each threat as serious (now) until proven it isn't.
* My husband gave me a card at Christmas that said I could ask him to take a three-day weekend three times through the year to go or do anything I wanted and he would not argue. I asked him to take next weekend off and spend all three days working (like he was working for his employer, rather than how he works at home) and finish the bathroom. I don't think he saw that coming when he gave me the card. Ha! Never underestimate a woman who wants a job done.
* muscle relaxers. My regular bus is still in the garage and I don't know what it is about this spare bus, but it KILLS my back. The muscle relaxers combined with ibuprofen and heat are my best friends right now.
* my bible study group is getting back into studying with Kay Arthur's Precepts method in 1 Timothy. I love all the colorful coding and charting. It really makes you dig into the word and learn it well.
* I finished up "Why I Hate Green Beans." I hope to post a review of it and Dan Brown's Origin tomorrow. Thankful because I'm dying to get started on Bear Town, which was one of last year's top books.
* a visit from our daughter, her husband and our youngest grandson the other evening. It was nice to see all of them, as her husband isn't often with them. I wish I knew how to post video from my phone. I've created a dancing monster. Colton loves Uptown Funk and his momma put it on her phone for him and he carries it around and just gets down and funky for all he's worth. It is so funny!
* the robins are back! (Though, I imagine they are going to be a bit sorry about that for a couple of days while the cold and snow return.)
* it was nice enough on two mornings this week to take the poodle out for a real walk when I got home from the morning bus runs. She loved it and pranced along in her little pink, polka-dotted harness like she was the queen of the neighborhood.
* I finally got everything reorganized and cleaned up in my office/library/craft room. I got rid of soooo much stuff and could probably stand to get rid of even more.
* I also mastered folding and unfolding the Total Gym so I don't have to leave it open all the time. That really opened up the above mentioned room.
* our son called last night. He had been given one of those Ancestry DNA kits and finally got the results back yesterday. We were all kind of curious because I know nothing about my biologic father and there's a lot of mystery about who was or wasn't my husband's grandfather's father. Our son's test revealed 87% western European, a little eastern European, a tad of French and German, and just a smidge of Finnish. He wanted to let us know there were no major genetic surprises looming. LOL I'm curious about where the Finnish came from, though. I might have to get one of these done so I can find out if that's in my line or my husband's.
* as I am every week, for all of you!