March 15, 2018

Thankful Thursday: March 15

Linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand to share a little thankfulness on this Thankful Thursday!


This week I am thankful...

* for my new refrigerator...even though it isn't actually in my kitchen yet.  We got home from work last night to find that our refrigerator had kicked the bucket, given up the ghost, taken the last train to Clarksville....died. It is dead, done, deceased. 

This morning I went to Lowe's after the morning runs and found the frig of my dreams.  It came with what I thought was a hefty price tag ($1799), but was actually one of the more moderately priced models. A man I know from church works there and happened to be there this morning. I told him my sad story and what I was looking at and he led me to the exact same refrigerator in stainless steel (the one I was looking at was black stainless steel). It was the old floor model and was on clearance for around $1550. I wasn't really interested at that price because it had a couple of small dents but for $1500, I want perfection! Then my friend used his handy, dandy Lowe's scanning app and found out it had been marked down again to $1350.  Before I could even say anything he said, "I could let you have it for $1000."

Seriously????

Yep, he was serious and I now have a new refrigerator.  Well, I will have it as soon as Tim picks it up tonight.  No delivery because the earliest they could deliver was Saturday and that was kind of iffy. We kind of need it now.

* the winter storm(s) that wasn't. We haven't gotten much more than flurries from the last couple of storms that blew up the coast.  Yay!

* for finally getting my bus back from the garage. I'd been driving an old spare for nearly a month. I think it's the oldest bus in the fleet. It drove well and had lots of power going up the ridge, but it was from before everything was push button. Having to open and close the door the old-fashioned way really messed with my degenerative disk disease and had my back in spasms. So, I'm really glad mine is back and running well. (It should be for the $17,000 it cost to have it repaired.)     

* my mom's second eye surgery went well and she is recovering nicely.

* that Mom and my stepdad are going to take their dog with them when they go to Florida for John's cancer screening later this spring. My dog and their dog don't get along so it would have been a not so fun time to keep her for a couple of weeks.

* for all of you!

I could list a lot more, but I have to head back to work soon. I guess I'll have to go since that winning lottery ticket continues to elude me.

Be blessed!


3 comments:

  1. Nothing like a new & CLEAN fridge ;) haha
    I love the little shout out to the Monkees there ;) Speaking to my Davy Jones lovin' heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a new fridge a couple months ago from Lowes and absolutely love it. I just mentioned to my hubby last night how much I love it. Hope you love yours as much as I do.

    Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. Also, that you got your bus back. I didn't know the doors were push button now. So cool!

    Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new fridge! Yay! I would love a new one, but as long as the one that came with the house keeps chugging along, I'll keep it. The prices are crazy. I will be sure to ask about floor models when the time comes! Glad you got your bus back!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.