March 21, 2018

Springing Into the Wednesday Hodgepodge

On a 2-hour delay this morning thanks to the snow (will it become a full-blown snow day?), so....I have time to link up with Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Visit Joyce to play along and find links to others playing.




1. On this first official day of spring tell us something (besides the weather) you're looking forward to in this season of the year. Easter and the whole family getting together. It will be fun to have the 3 grands together now that the littlest guy is on his feet and running.

2. When it comes to spring cleaning would you rather wash windows or wash baseboards? Windows. Clean out closets or clean out the garage? Closets. Dust ceiling fans or dust bookcases? Bookcases. Wipe down the patio furniture outside or wipe down the light fixtures inside?  Patio furniture. Any job that means warm weather is here is a good job. Any of these tasks recently completed? Nope. Spring hasn't actually made an appearance here yet, so spring cleaning isn't on the list of things to do yet.

3. Your favorite thing to make/eat that calls for cream cheese? Strawberry pretzel "salad." Sour cream? Corn spoonbread. Whipped cream?  Jell-o dream pie.

4. I read here a list of commonly mispronounced words. What is a word that gives you trouble when it comes to pronunciation?  Hmm...according to this list I pronounce at least half of them wrong. Aside from the list, I can never get Worcestershire sauce right.


5. What's a song you love with the word 'rain' in the title or lyrics?  November Rain by Guns N' Roses.



6.  Insert your own random thought here.  No real thoughts here. I'm on a 2-hour delay after having to drive in pretty bad weather yesterday. With today's forecast for all-day snow, I'm hoping the call comes through for a snow day. However, while I wait I need to get going and get dressed just in case I have to go. Be safe and warm wherever you are!

15 comments:

  1. I hope you get the call for a snow day, too. Those 2-hour delays can still mean some pretty dicey traveling. If you must have snow, I hope at least that you don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a snow day, which freed me to babysit my youngest grandson while his mommy went to a doctor's appointment.

      Delete
  2. no snow here in the deep south but it is chilly this morning (37 with wind chill of 31). I love your choices for cream cheese, sour cream, and whipped cream! Hope you get to stay home today and have a snow day! Visiting from the hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about the temperature here and we're thinking it's kind of warm after the rest of this winter!

      Delete
  3. My sister recently made pretzel salad which I'd kind of forgotten about. I hadn't had it in years and had forgotten how good it is. Easter sounds like a nice crowd. I have a full table here too and am looking forward to that as well. Hope you get that snow day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot about pretzel salad? *gasp* My husband's sisters, our nieces, my daughter, and I all "fight" over it at family gatherings. LOL

      Delete
  4. That strawberry pretzel salad sounds great! Have a wonderful Easter with your family. It's so fun to have the little ones around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I got a bonus day with our littlest since I ended up being off today.

      Delete
  5. That salad sound delish. I'm hoping that you have a nice relaxing snow day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been relaxing, but it was fun. Love to snuggle with my youngest grandbaby while he'll still let me.

      Delete
  6. YES... I always loved November Rain... the video always freaked me out though. Was there ever an explanation on what it all meant? The casket with the mirror in it freaked me otu the most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever heard an explanation. I don't remember one, anyway.

      Delete
  7. Strawberry Pretzel 'salad' -- yes, it's questionable to call it a salad but it most certainly pleases my taste buds!!

    I hope you had a snow day. The weather up your way has been truly 'frightful'!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.