March 24, 2018

Saturday 9: Sweet Disaster

I'm off to an auction with my mom tomorrow morning so, I'm getting an early start on the Saturday 9Thanks to Sam for providing the questions each week, hosting and getting them posted ahead of time for those of us who need to get done early.  

Sweet Disaster (2016)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This video begins outside a convenience store with a sign advertising beer, produce, lotto and an ATM. Will you buy beer, produce or a lotto ticket this weekend? Will you visit an ATM?  No beer and no lotto ticket. I will probably buy some produce on Sunday and I will be visiting an ATM in the morning to get cash out for the auction.


2) As the video progresses, fountain drinks and donuts are consumed. When you stop for a snack during a road trip, what do you usually grab?  A Milky Way candy bar and a diet Coke.

3) The lyrics reference "a river of champagne." When did you last enjoy a spot of the bubbly?  I have no idea. Maybe at a taste testing while touring the wineries along the PA/NY border?

4) The end of the video features sci-fi/horror images. Is that a genre you enjoy? If not, what kind of books do you read most often?  Nope. I do NOT like horror. Sci-fi is okay in small doses. I read mysteries and thrillers most often with fun, chick-lit coming in next.

5) The trio that makes up The Dreamers are dyed-in-the-wool New Yorkers. If you could live in any city or village in the world, would you move or stay right where you are?  I would move in a heartbeat if I had the money and if my husband would agree to it...and if my kids and grandkids came, too. I'm not really in love with PA's horrible winters and sweltering summers now that I'm older, but everyone would have to move with me. I really don't think I could stand to move away from our youngest grandson. I am very close to him and there is always the hope that we may still grow closer to our other grands.

6) The Dreamers describe themselves as "impractical."  What about you? Do you consider yourself practical or impractical?  I'm usually practical leaning to the extreme and some of my family thinks I'm a kill-joy when I don't go along with their bright ideas.


7) They also won't "listen to those who doubt" them. Sometimes we find the ones who doubt us most are ourselves. What about you? Are you confident, or do you suffer from self doubt?  I've been working on that the last couple of years and I think I'm a lot more confident than I used to be, but I would suppose that just like most people, I have areas and moments that make me doubt.

8) Do you often remember your dreams?
  Rarely, and when I do, it's because they are strange. Very strange. 

 
 9) Random question: Would you rather get $100 today, or $250 on this
date a year from now?   I'll take $100 today, thanks.  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. I may be dead a year from now so I'll take the money now. 

7 comments:

  1. Chick-lit feels like dessert to me. No nutritional value, but very tasty. I'm reading an Emily Giffen book now and am enjoying it thoroughly.

    Our answers to #9 are almost identical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly! I always say it's a little vacation for my mind, something where I don't have to think much or be buffeted by strong emotions. Every now and then, you just want to read for fun.

      Delete
  2. The Sat9 was especially interesting today. I enjoyed reading your answers. We weren't so close in our answers today as we usually are, with the exception of #4 - mysteries & thrillers. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a younger girl, I used to write my dreams down. Now I wouldn't remember to do it, even though there is a notebook and pen right next to my bed!! I'm practicing control, so was picking the 250 control?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about maybe not being around in a year from now. Although, we both know that we will most likely be here doing this crazy meme in a year from now just like we have been doing for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milky Way, yum. My favorite candy bar, too. And similar answer to #9.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.