February 18, 2018

Tea Time Questions

I guess I wore my grandson out because he's crashed much earlier than he ever does for his mommy. I'm going to use the time to answer this week's questions, but it's going to be another quickie with no fun memes because I'm going to head to bed early, too, so I can keep up with him tomorrow.

Thanks goes out to Bev for once again finding great questions and hosting the fun. Be sure to visit the Sunday Stealing site and check out everyone else's answers and enjoy your Sunday. My mom and I are planning to go to a basket bash fundraiser for a local library...provided we aren't snowed in. It's coming down pretty good out there and we are under a winter storm warning until 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Bev says:

This is from a questionnaire called "Tea and Q&A" that I found on SwapBot. 

1. What is your middle name and what is a middle name you'd rather have instead? Why?  My middle name is Lynn and fine with it. It goes well with my first name and it really doesn't matter, because who pays attention to middle names....except moms letting you know that you have one foot across the line and the other one is on a banana peel.

2. How would you spend $1MM (you have to spend every penny!) First I'd tithe to a favorite charity (since I don't belong to a church right now), then I'd pay off our debt, pay someone to finish the bathroom remodel, add on the extra room we need, and put the rest in savings for the grandkids.

3. Yellow light - speed up or slow down??
  It depends on weather/road conditions and where I'm going and if I'm late.  I might go through if it just turned, but I'm not careless. I won't go through when I know it will be red before I am through. I don't push the yellow when I'm driving the bus, though.


4. What was the last movie you saw and what did you like/dislike about it? 
Mom and I finally watched the remake of Ben Hur on Friday. It's been so long since I last watched the original that I don't really remember it, so I wasn't comparing it like my mom was (she found it very different from the original). It was a good story with a lot of action scenes, though some of them were pretty gory. I guess my biggest complaint was that it was dark...as in some scenes were very hard to make out. I don't like it when they do that to movies. Who wants to watch a black screen?


5. If a movie was made about you, who would portray you in that movie?
  I'd choose Sandra Bullock, but they'd probably cast someone a lot more ordinary looking. I'm just a fan of everything Sandra does. 


6. What is the strangest thing you've eaten and what did it taste like?
  Probably rattle snake. It was cut in sections and grilled in foil with butter, salt and pepper. I guess it tasted sort of like chicken...it's a lighter meat...but it was more like fish in that it was flaky and you had to pick it off the rib bones. It wasn't bad, even though it was a snake (snakes are my biggest fear) but it was a lot of work for just a couple bites of meat (kind of like blue crab).


7. What color is your bathroom? The one in our bedroom has pale yellow walls with cream colored flooring. The accessories are tan/brown with birds on them.


8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, where would it be and why?  Right now...that lets out Chincoteague since it would be cold there, too. So I guess (if money is no object) I'd choose Australia. If money is a problem, send me to Key West. Why? I've always wanted to visit Australia and as for Key West, I've always been interested by Hemmingway's life.


9. What is your least favorite thing to cook?  Seafood. Even though it's my favorite food to eat.


10. What is the dish you make that your family rolls their eyes at?
  I can't think of anything. They usually like everything I make.


11. What are three things on your bucket list? 
Visit Key West, go to the Four Corners region and stand in 4 states at once, and the sky walk at the Grand Canyon.


12. How many skeins of yarn do you think you are currently hoarding?
Since the only knitting I do is on looms and I don't do that very often, I'm not guilty of hoarding yarn. I probably have a skein or two around and that's it. My mom, on the other hand, could probably stock a yarn shop. She does use it all eventually, though. She knits chemo caps, baby afghans, scarves, prayer shawls, and lap robes with her knitting club to be given to charity. She knits so much that she was featured in the paper a few years ago and just before Christmas she was interviewed on the radio.


13. Today is my birthday.  What virtual gift are you going to give me?
  Respect, acceptance in spite of any differences we have, and love.  The world needs a lot more of all three and today I will do my part by giving them to you.


14. What is your favorite candy?  Lindt makes a chocolate truffle candy bar that should be a sin and the tea shoppe I frequent sells bars of white chocolate with bits of strawberry in it. I don't think I can choose between those two.


15. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
The morning, I guess. I'm usually more alert and energetic. Weird since I am actually a night owl when I don't have a schedule to keep.



(My grandson wasn't as worn out as I thought. He got a little fussy with just Pappy to sleep with and I had to go to bed before I finished last night. So, 
now I'm back to finish the job this morning while the boy is still asleep.)

16. If you could call in sick for a day, what would you do with the time?
Probably just get things done around here. My office/craft/library room could sure use some attention. I moved things around in there last month so I could set up the Total Gym and I need to change some of the bookshelves around so that the books and art supplies I use the most for bible study and journaling are more handy to my desk. Right now I have to climb over the Total Gym, so everything ends up sitting on it. Not good at all. And yes, I could just fold up the Gym, but it isn't as easy as it looks on TV.


17. How much did your last crafting run cost you?  I don't know. I'm not particularly crafty, at least not on a regular basis, so I don't need craft supplies all that often. I'm thinking the last time may have been to buy flowers and such for our daughter's wedding. I think I spent about $170 on that trip, if it counts towards crafts.

18. Can you play a musical instrument and if so, which one?
No. I don't have any musical talent. I wish I did. I'd have learned to play either the piano or the guitar if I had any talent.


19. What is your least favorite craft that you still do? Why? 
I can't say that I have one. I don't do a lot of crafts because I just don't have that kind of patience. If I don't like something to begin with, I'm certainly not going to keep doing it.


20. If you could have any job for just one day, what would it be and what would you do?
  As long as you're guaranteeing it's only going to be for one day (because I surely wouldn't want it longer than that), I'd like to be the President of the United States. I would like to see, for real, rather than what the media or the White House wants us to see, what the life of a President is like. I think it would give me a lot more understanding and compassion towards all Presidents past and present as I suspect they find once they are in office their hands are tied more than they could have imagined.  Both of the parties in our two party system are so hell bent on "winning" that I think they not only throw the rights of the people on the fire, but seek to manipulate the executive office. 


Or maybe...I'd like to be someone prominent in Congress and have the chance to speak and really ream my fellow congressmen and women out over their behavior.

Or maybe while I'm there I could just spread some love and try to get the whole darn country to do the same. I just can't understand why having different opinions suddenly means we have to hate each other so much. 

13 comments:

  1. #2, I am so embarrassed! I was kind of greedy in mine! Now I know what a skein is! I thought it was a condom!!! Speaking of instruments, my niece Sheila, can pick up any instrument, piano, ANYTHING and with little practice, play it. I am so jealous of that! Obviously, that talent didnt come from her aunt!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You thought a skein was a condom? LOL My son can do that, too, without being able to read music.

      Delete
  2. I don't do many crafts because my OCD kicks in and I have to do it "just so". I'm surprised I can knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may be a problem for me, too. When I painted that owl sign back before Christmas it was supposed to be a 3-4 hour project at the craft place. Ha! It took me at least twice that long because I kept wanting to make it perfect while the teacher kept telling me imperfections were the thing that makes country crafts so charming. I just couldn't do it.

      Delete
  3. As I was reading your answer about the Total Gym, I was thinking, "But it looks so easy on TV." And you answered me! It's like you were in my head.

    You and I are both going to have such awesome new bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are. Someday. The hubby is so busy at work he never has time to work on ours. We skipped buying each other Christmas gifts so we could buy what we needed to get it done, but that hasn't worked out. We bought the stuff, but now I have a bedroom filled with $1000 worth of tile. Sigh.

      Delete
  4. My bathroom here is all browns and blacks, but I'm ready to go back to the pale yellow (and peach) I enjoyed in Florida.

    Awe-some, (hopefully) thought-provoking answer to #20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answer to #20! I love Sandra Bullock too. This was a fun Q & A!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, I don't think I've not liked anything Sandra has done. She's not the most realistic choice, but... LOL

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm sure I would. I loved New Mexico, Arizona, and being with the Navajo.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.