February 16, 2018

Currently...On a Rainy Day

I am...

ReadingOrigin by Dan Brown and Why I Hate Green Beans by Lincee Ray

Listening to: the local news...lots of flooding going on around here today.

Loving: having an unexpected day off due to the above mentioned flooding.

Thinking: about all the things I need to get done before my grandson gets here to spend the weekend.

Feeling: like I could use a nap.

Celebrating: my friend's birthday today.

Grateful for: God's swift answers to prayer.

Weather: 50 degrees and falling to the 20's by suppertime with rain, rain, and more rain becoming snow later.

Enjoying: my Poodle's silly quirks. She has been burying the new treats I got her...in the laundry I have sorted, under my pillow, between the sofa cushions, among the shoes in the closet, in my work shoes....

A quote I want to share






8 comments:

  1. UGH - falling temps. I hate it - its those little tastes of spring & then mother nature is like NOPPPPPE & yanks the rug out from under us again. UGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, February and March are kind of bipolar months around here.

      Delete
  2. Our temps in Northern Maine reached 40 yesterday and in the upper 30s today--but we're going to single digits tonight. Boo!

    The book I didn't care for is called Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym (I think that's the author's name).

    Have fun with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad we didn't get that cold again! The sun is actually out this morning and it's not too bad out there.

      I've never seen that book and I probably won't look for it after hearing your opinion.

      Delete
  3. I was so intrigued by the title, "Why I Hate Green Beans" I had to check it out on Goodreads. Sounds darling!

    That first quote is worth saving and re-reading every morning. Oh, and sharing with my DH. (*smile*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why I Hate Green Beans is really cute and funny. I think you'd like it. I'm reading it and reviewing it in exchange for posting a review for the free copy.

      Delete
  4. Flooding, ice, snow... oh my!! Stacy, I am so glad I don't have to live with that stuff anymore! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! The older I get the less I like having to deal with it, but we just do what we have to do, I guess.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.