January 28, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Life Reflections

Well, we had a couple days of milder weather, but winter is back and I might be coming down with a cold (hopefully, it's not the flu...that's scary stuff these days), so I am holed up inside under a blanket with my dog, a good book, and a stack of magazines (the hubs is working all weekend). Under those conditions what's a girl to do but welcome you to Sunday Stealing, the coolest meme on the block. 

As always, a big thank you goes to our hostess, Bev, for coming up with the questions each week. Click the link above to visit the Sunday Stealing site. There you will find links to the other players' posts and the rules of the game if you'd like to join in the fun.





From Jennifer Whitton-Trujillo from Facebook

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?  Cable. It is so ridiculously expensive. I would gladly do without it, but my husband insists we have to have cable so he can watch the news before work. Other than that, he never watches anything but old classic shows and reruns. I'd be happy with Netflix, Hulu, and my Amazon Prime account, but when we tried doing that a couple of years ago all he did was whine about wanting to watch the news. I pointed out he could watch it on line, but it just wasn't the same (or so he said).




2. What do you really want to be doing right now? Lying on a beach soaking up some sun would be good, but then I wouldn't mind if you found me counting my lottery winnings.



3. Why did you choose the shirt you have on now?  It matches the leggings I wore for pajamas.




4. Thoughts on gas prices?  
I'm just so thrilled they are on the rise again and let's not forget that Pennsylvania has one of the highest gas taxes in the country. 




5. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning.  
Is it actually a work day or is it the weekend when my husband still gets up, but I can sleep in?  




6. Last thought you have before you go to sleep?  
I really don't know. I am usually asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.




7. Do you miss being a child?
  I miss that sense of being protected and taken care of, of not being responsible for everything, and not having all the cares of the adult world.





8. What errand/chore do you despise the most?  The older I get the less I like running errands in general. I'd rather be doing something I enjoy. As for chores, I hate folding laundry more than any other chore.





9. Up early or sleep in?  I'm a night person by nature so I'd love to sleep in at least on the weekends, but my mind and body just don't cooperate. I rarely sleep longer than 5-6 hours a night and on the rare occasions that I do I wake up feeling like I've been run over by a truck.





10. Favorite lunch meat?
  Turkey with cracked black pepper.





11. What do you get every time at Trader Joe’s?
  There are no Trader Joe's near us.





12. Beach or lake?  I would be happy with either one.  I like to be near the water even if I don't particularly like to be in it.





13. Ever crashed your vehicle?  I guess that would depend on what you mean by "crash."  I've been hit from behind hard enough to total my car (and it was a big old 1989 Grand Marquis...an ocean liner of a car) and I've slid off the road a few times in my vehicle and in the bus, but I've never crashed into something or rolled a vehicle or anything.





14. Strangest place you've brushed your teeth?  In a dental assisting class at the community college. We all had to brush and then swish with stuff that turned a color everywhere you didn't brush well. It was supposed to show that no matter how well you think you brush, you miss plenty of spots.




15. Somewhere you've never been but want to go?  Australia, Hawaii, the Florida Keys, Montana, Washington (the state), Plymouth, Salem, and if the world was different, Israel and Egypt.




16. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?
  Yes, please.




17. Do you own your own house?  Yes.




18. Do you have a go-to person?  I pray about just about everything, so I guess Jesus is my go-to person, but after that it depends on what I'm going to them for, whether it would be my husband or my friend, Fran.




19. Are you where you want to be in life?
  I'm not where I thought I'd be, but this is an okay place, too.




20. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons? 
Scooby-Doo, Bugs Bunny and his gang, Bullwinkle, and Peanuts.




21. What has changed since you were a child? 
Good grief, what hasn't changed???




22. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?
  No. They weren't the worst, but I still wouldn't want to go back.




23. Are there times you still feel like a kid?  Yeah, lots of things will trigger that feeling...especially being around older people I've known most of my life.





24. Did you have a pager?  No, but my husband went through a few of them.




25. Were you the type of kid you want your kids to hang out with?  Yes in some ways and no in others. 



7 comments:

  1. Your memes are spot on! And your answers are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your response to #7 is great!
    #12? I thought I was the only one! (Pretty lame for a Pisces, aren't I?)

    The only time I still feel like a little kid are the nights before my birthday. Anticipation! My folks always made a Big Deal out of it. (Pathetic perhaps, but there you have it.)


    ReplyDelete
  3. 17,22, 23,25... I laughed out loud about those. So freaking true! 😂 😆

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun and I love that you post a photo or GIF for your answers. Thanks for the giggles and high-fives (that you didn't see).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gifs and stuff with your answers. That takes time so thumbs up to you for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers. i especially liked the one about folding laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 18. Do you have a go-to person? I pray about just about everything, so I guess Jesus is my go-to person, but after that it depends on what I'm going to them for, whether it would be my husband or my friend, Fran.

    This is why I love you so!! xoxo have a great week. Mair.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.