January 21, 2018

It's Sunday But It Feels Like Friday

It's Saturday night and the husband is snoring over there on the sofa, so that means it's time to have a little fun answering the Sunday Stealing questions. Thank you, Bev, for taking the time to come up with them every week. It's a tough job and you are doing wonderfully well!
 

Kim is a vegan architect and runner from a Chicago suburb.
She posts a question every Friday at ilaxstudio.  I collected a bunch of her Friday questions.


1. Have you ever tried to learn (or re-learn) a foreign language as an adult? Which one? What worked for you?  The last church we attended was multi-cultural, a bit of an oddity in this area. It started as a service for Filipinos started by friends of ours and took off from there. Because of that I tried to pick up a few words here and there and also some Spanish from a Mexican family that attended. I didn't seriously try to master either language, just had fun learning some words. As for what worked...wanting to know how to say something and then using it, over and over.




2. Do you donate blood? Do you know your blood type? I haven't donated in quite a few years. It takes them so long to get enough out of me that the last time I went they kind of suggested it might not be for me. Oh, I do know my blood type. It's A+.





3. Have you ever been in a play or musical?
  I've never been in a musical. Good grief, that would clear the theater! I don't have a lick of musical ability. I was in several plays in elementary school. One year my class did two plays in order to have enough parts for everyone and my teacher gave me a part in both because she thought I was the only one up to it.





4. Do you use certain text or ring tones for specific people? Who gets their own? Or do you just use the default on your phone?
  I used to do that, but one, I can't figure out how to do it on my current phone and two, hardly anyone actually lets their phone ring so when mine does I don't want it to be too obnoxious. I use the whistled theme song from the Andy Griffith show for everyone.





5. When did you get your first digital camera? Do you still shoot on actual film, or all digital now?  I guess it's been about 10 years since I got my first digital camera. No, I don't use film these days. Some days I miss that, but not too often. It's so much easier and more fun to be creative with the digital images.





6. What do you think someone else would say the most daring thing you’ve done is? Probably taking a group of teenagers from across the denomination on a mission trip to the Navajo reservation. Being responsible for a bunch of teens who are away from home and in new and unique setting is a bit of a challenge.





7. Do you talk with your hands?  Sometimes. Not as much as I used to.





8. Do you have a lucky number? What is it, and what is the story behind it?  No lucky number. I like the number 9 for some unknown reason, but I don't believe in lucky items. However...





9. What kind of milk did you drink, growing up? And now?
  Apparently I was allergic as a baby so I was on a soy formula. I think that shaped my life-long dislike of milk. I've always had to drink it flavored to get it down. When I was really little and lived with my grandparents and later was babysat by my grandmother I drank raw milk from a neighbor's farm. I can remember going with my grandfather to get it in milk cans. I even remember churning butter a few times. At home we drank regular old pasteurized whole milk. As an adult I've always bought 2% until about a year ago when I tried almond milk. I still don't like it plain, but the vanilla and chocolate are delish!





10. What is your favorite kind of pie? Not a big pie eater, but I wouldn't say no to strawberry-rhubarb or cheesecake.





11. Are you a note taker? Oh yes. I should have taken shorthand because I tend to take copious notes.





12. Do you have an eclectic mug collection, or is your stuff all matchy matchy? 
No matchy-matchy stuff here. In fact, I gave away the mugs that matched my everyday dishes. 





13. Do you have a junk drawer in your house/garage/at work/wherever?
  Do I have a junk drawer? 




I have one in every room!

14. What is the longest amount of time you’ve worked at one job – and what was/is it?  That would be my current job. I've been working for this company for 12 years. The kids who were in 1st grade when I started are now seniors. Man, now I'm sad. And old.





15. How old were you when you took your first commercial flight? To where did you fly?  Well, I flew long before my first commercial flight, which I think I took when I was 20. I would have either been flying from Pittsburgh to Orlando or from Orlando to Pittsburgh.





Have a great Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. I have had students ask if they could take photos of notes I'd written on the board. I laughed.

    Chaperoning teens is a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great airline photo. Just the way I feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post pic of inflight seating illustrates the #1reason I no longer fly. Two trips convinced me... one, a 3hour flight to Salt Lake City, and back, and a one hour flight to San Francisco.
    And, that photo of the highly adorned photographer has convinced me I don’t need all that crap in digital format!. 😂 😂👌đŸģ💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mission trip still has me shaking my head. Brave lady! (lol)
    I, too, have stingy veins. Unless a loved one is in distress, I'm keeping it all for me.

    PS - As always, your images are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures cracked me up. I was in my early 20's the first time I flew. I've probably only flown about 5 or 6 times in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.