December 23, 2017

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Hello! I'm weighing in late today as we just got home from a marathon day of shopping. In the rain. Till it turned to sleet. Then snow.

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives) 

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?  I always sat on Santa's lap. My mom has a photo cube she brings out every Christmas with the photos to prove it.  My daughter, on the other hand, has been terrified of the jolly old elf since day one. Her reasoning: "What's not creepy about an old guy in red velvet pajamas roaming through your house while you're sleeping? And he's obviously a stalker since he 'sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake.' He knows what you're doing ALL the time."

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?  I hope I'm on the Nice list since I try to always do the right thing and I'm nice to everyone.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?  I didn't send any, but we came home a little while ago to find a priority mail package on the porch. It was soaked.  Thank goodness the digital picture frame my aunt sent so I can load it with family photos for her was still in the original plastic wrap and that she'd put the nearly 200 year old book she was returning to me in a plastic bag or they'd have been ruined! The post office is getting a call on Tuesday.


4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
I bought three! I bought myself the Copper Chef deep-dish pan that's on TV (Wally World had it marked down to $29!), a book at Barnes & Noble, and a green tunic sweater.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story are my favorites and must-see Christmas viewing. I have seen Christmas Vacation and I saw A Christmas Story Live, but I'm not sure the musical counts. It was just....okay. I will most likely watch the real deal at some point on Christmas Day.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?  We did a couple of years ago...one of the first Christmases that we found ourselves with grown children who had other family plans. I don't remember what we saw...must not have been that good.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?  Nope.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
  It's the same as it is in warm weather....Diet Coke. I do drink hot, herbal tea or hot chocolate, once in a while.


9. Share a memory from last Christmas.  Last year we got our youngest grandson just in time for Christmas. What a gift!



I will be surprised if I am able to participate in Sunday Stealing week, so I pray all of you have a safe, healthy, and merry Christmas!





1 comment:

  1. LOL-ing about your daughter's take on old Saint Nick! I'd be soooo cross about the Postal Service's handing of your priority mail! You don't get me started on them ... except I wouldn't lose any sleep were they to go away. Permanently.

    I'm anxious to hear how you like the Copper Chef cookware!

    Merry Christmas, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.