November 28, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Leftovers, Edition

Joining in with Joyce and the gang for The Wednesday Hodgepodge. Life got kind of busy this fall and this is the first time in a good while that I've played along. I'm looking forward to getting back on it.

1.  What's something blogging has taught you about yourself?  I have some OCD tendencies. I tend to check and recheck for comments. At least it isn't as big an issue here as it can be on Facebook when comments are flying all day long.


2.  Leftovers...are you in the 'reheat and eat' camp or the 'put them in the fridge until they spoil and then toss them' camp? What's your favorite thing to have leftover? What can you not abide as a leftover? I reheat and eat a lot of leftovers. I tend to cook more than we need so there are extra meals for lunch or quick suppers at other times.  My favorite leftover, if we're talking about Thanksgiving is stuffing and gravy...comfort food at its best. Something I hate as a leftover....fish.

3. 'Me time'...your thoughts?  Jammies, my Poodle cuddled up, a cup of tea or a glass of wine, and either a good book or a chick flick.

4. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? Writing, spelling, grammar...anything like that. Oh, and our daughter calls constantly with cooking and housekeeping questions.

5. If your childhood had a smell what would it be? Tell us why.  A fresh country or woodsy smell because most of my childhood was lived either in the country or the forest since Dad's jobs were in wildlife management (PA Game Commission pheasant farm and a private wildlife preserve).

6. Insert your own random thought here.  This is the first year in quite a while that I'm feeling really excited about Christmas. As our kids grew up and began to make their own choices and live independently it resulted in a world of hurt and the family suffered. A lot. The past year or two it has begun to improve and this past Saturday we were all together for the day and it was amazing! Everyone got along and enjoyed the time together, the grandkids had a ball, no one had a meltdown or hissy fit, no one's feelings were hurt. It was easily the best day we've had as a whole family in the last....8 years or so. I am still floating on air!

9 comments:

  1. My goodness, #1 is SO me! Your 'me' time sounds delight-full.

    Thanks again for putting me in touch with your former boss' metal art website! Not this Christmas, but I've my eye on a couple one-of-a-kind gifts for 2018! couple fellas in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'm going to proof my message for hitting 'publish.' Hanging head ...

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! We did them a good turn, too...they didn't know their website was down.

      Delete
  2. Well, your random thought made me so happy for you all! That is such great news, Stacy. I enjoyed reading your HP answers and agree with you about leftover fish. It never warms up right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am still walking on air over Saturday. Just a few years ago I could not have imagined we'd ever see such a day. Tim nearly cried with the joy of it!

      Delete
  3. What a joy that your family relationships are being healed, Stacy. I know that family issues can be so painful...God is good! And I love leftover stuffing and gravy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's interesting about the OCD. I definitely have OCD but not when it comes to comments. Thanksgiving leftovers are the best. I like your me time. That is an awesome childhood memory on a smell. So here I am in tears with your random thought. I am so happy for you. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really happy for you and hope the family enjoyment continues throughout the holidays and beyond. I don't have a poodle, but the rest of your me time sounds like something I'd enjoy too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.