November 25, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Monday Morning Meme

We stole this from Phoenix the Blogging Mama , who stole it from Karen, who made up the questions herself.

 




1. How has your life most benefitted from the Internet? Whether it’s meeting people, cutting business overhead, finding rare collectibles, or simply sharing funny cat pictures, share how the web has made life easier.  I don't know if it's made it easier, but it's definitely added another layer or two and made it possible to "know" people I'd never meet otherwise. I've also been able to keep up with distant family. I mentioned on the blog the other day, a recent event...a blogging friend who I've never met in "real" life published a book that is now available on Amazon.  On the "Acknowledgements" page I am included in the list of friends she thanks for all they have done to support and encourage her on her journey. I was (and still am) completely blown away.




2. How do you deal with negative comments on your blog?  I don't get them very often and I usually ignore them or try to respond with grace. I never block anyone unless it's a "troll" who posts awful stuff just for the sake of being hateful.

3. There’s never enough time, is there? What would you do with an extra three hours today?  Cook nice dinners.  I am usually so tired at the end of the day that I go for quick and easy or take-out.  I love cooking, but just don't have the energy through the week.

4. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you?  Some beach somewhere. The important thing is that it is by the water, pleasantly warm, and the living is slow and casual.

5. Who was your "arch enemy" in high school?  I didn't have one in high school, but I sure had one for the three years I attended a private elementary school. Maggie and her "henchwoman" Clair made my life a living hell every single day for three years. Do you have any enemies today?  I don't think so. There may be people who don't like me, but I don't think their dislike is strong enough to make them enemies.

6. You’re giving the keynote address to the graduating seniors of a high school today. What’s your advice to them?  All the things that seem so huge, so important, so all consuming in your life right now...they aren't. If you could see the big picture, you'd see that a lot of this stuff, most of it, even, isn't going to matter a year from now. It may not even matter next week. Don't blow your future over temporary crap that happens now.  Deal with it, for sure, but then let it go. Move on. Your whole life is ahead of you and today doesn't have to define your life forever.

7. Thinking of words of wisdom: What's the worst advice you've ever received?  I really can't think of any horrible advice, but one I was sorry I listened to was the advice in college to "drop anthropology and take ethics."  It didn't make any difference really but anthropology would have been fascinating. Ethics was coma-inducing and the teacher was awful.

8. Tell us about the best summer vacation you EVER had.  That would be the year after our son graduated from high school.  He brought his best friend along and our daughter brought a friend, too.  We had some great times all together, but the kids often entertained themselves so we had some downtime for the first time ever.  It was great!

9. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why?  Reading material (books and magazines), my Bible, my journal, and my laptop.  Because I don't think I could go a day without any of them.

10. Would you accept $1,000,000 tax free, if it meant you had to leave the country and never come back?
  No.

11. Do you believe the world will be a better, or worse, place 100 years from now?  I suspect worse and I'm glad I won't be here by then.

12. Do you expect to buy a new winter coat this year?  Not unless I suddenly lose a lot more weight.  I bought two last year so I'm good until/unless they don't fit.

13. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so?
  No.  I wouldn't want to lose a year of memories.


Thanks to Bev for hosting Sunday Stealing and finding us interesting questions week after week. You are doing a great job!

It's 11:00 on Saturday night and this chick is going to say goodnight because all our family was home today. We had a great day, but it's been a looooong day and this grandma is out of get up and go.  See you in the morning for Sunday Stealing!


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had quite the Saturday! Little ones make everything so much more fun--I love their laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could figure out how to post videos from my phone or Facebook. My daughter took a great one of the littlest guy just laughing and laughing at his older cousin. It was so cute!

      Delete
  2. About 10. Aw, come on, where's your sense of adventure. I wouldn't go for less than a billion. They all have plenty of money to spread around so if they want us gone they can PAY us, right? It's only fair.
    About 11. Ya, I won't be around if the Christians are right. But then, if they aren't, well, Bob's your Uncle. We go where we are sent, yes?

    Your little critters sound like a lot of fun. Hope you get the rest you need today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could leave and NEVER come back even for a billion...I'd miss the people I had to leave behind.

      As for 11, right or wrong I figure in 100 years I'll have checked out one way or another. At least I hope I will have. I don't think I want to still be wobbling around at 153!

      Delete
  3. Couldn't you just put all of that stuff on your laptop? A kindle app for reading? Download the KJV? Write in Notepad for your journal? Be a lot less stuff to lug around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, probably, but I'm a dinosaur...I love the heft of a book in my hands.

      Delete
  4. Great answers! I like how many of our answers are quite similar. I'm sure we would be good "in person" friends if we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome answer to #6!
    I recognized a couple of these questions from my "Conversation Piece" books, but hadn't the peace of mind to share thoughtful answers such as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's the advice I tried to give my daughter throughout a very troubled time in her life. She didn't listen to me, however. She is one to dwell on things and think them to monster-sized proportions. She lets go of nothing. Motherhood has toned it down a bit, but she still doesn't want any advice from me.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.