October 8, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Conversation Starters


This from Bev:

We can all use some help sometimes with conversation starters, so I found this at a conversation starters site.  There are 100 of them, but I'm only using a few!  (I'll save the rest to ask sometimes in the future!)

Sorry I didn't play last week; I was out of town!



If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?  Would I have more energy?  If not, probably more of what I do now in the late evening hours...read, watch TV, answer quiz questions...

What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own / owned?  I think it just changed today to a lovely, wine-colored sweater I just purchased. It has a keyhole neckline, bell sleeves, and is so scrumptiously soft to the touch I just couldn't resist it.

What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?  Buying and selling antiques and collecting rare books.

What would your perfect room look like?  Casual, comfortable furniture, earthy colors, lots of book shelves, lots of wood, fireplace, thick rugs...a layered, accumulated-over-time, eclectic feel.

How often do you play sports?  When I was young I could have said daily, but at this point I don't think I've played any sport since my 30s.

What fictional place would you most like to go?  I can't think of anywhere...I've never really gotten into fantasy or sci-fi books or movies.

What job would you be terrible at?  Waitressing. I'm too klutzy and people get really cranky about their food. I probably would get a little cranky back at them.


When was the last time you climbed a tree?  No time in recent memory. I'm sure it's something last done as a child.

If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?  Procrastination.  I am a pro at wasting time and putting things off.

What skill would you like to master?  Organization.  I need a lot of help on this. Cabinets and closets are a mess in this house and there is no such thing as a filing system for important stuff.

What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?  I would love to see Egypt, Turkey, Israel, Iran, Iraq....all of the Middle East, really.  I love history and to see the oldest traces of civilization would be incredible.  Too bad our violent world makes that very unlikely to ever happen.

If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?  Large with big rooms, big multi-paned windows, a great porch...it would definitely be Craftsman style and it would overlook some kind of water and have lots of trees around it.

What state or country do you never want to go back to?  I can't think of any state I'd refuse to visit again and the only country I've been to other than ours is Canada and they haven't managed to turn me off, either.

What songs have you completely memorized?  Where to start? I can sing along with a lot of songs (not that you'd want to be around for that).  My favorite sing-along song of all-time is Billy Joel's
Piano Man and yes, I know all the words.

What do you consider to be your best find?  My husband, of course.

Are you usually early or late?  I used to always be absurdly early for everything thanks to my parents who were also early birds.  After 33 years with my terminally late husband, I've become one who also tends to run a few minutes late for nearly everything...or at least push it to the last second of on timeness.

What pets did you have while you were growing up? Dogs, fish, chickens, and a turtle.

When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?  Often it's religious questions, but I get quite a few pertaining to grammar, spelling, and writing. What they never ask about is math. Smart people.

What takes up too much of your time? Oh....weekly memes (sorry, it's true) and Facebook.

What do you wish you knew more about? Just about everything (except math). I love learning and believe it should be a life-long pursuit.

What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?  I'd want to know where my family was...what had happened with them while I was frozen.



Be sure to visit the Sunday Stealing site
for links to all the players' blogs
and rules for how you can join in the fun.


14 comments:

  1. These memes do take a lot of time, don't they? ;)

    Bell sleeves -- I should investigate those. My aunt recently bought a very formal dress with the sleeves and it looked nice, but I never dress up that much anymore. But in a sweater? Hmmmm .... I'm intrigued. Must keep my retail eye peeled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine at Lane Bryant. I was going to post a picture from the website, but the sweater was no where to be found on it. It comes in black, white, and the wine color and is only $40 (cheap compared to the rest of their sweaters).

      Delete
  2. Funny--I'm wearing the softest tshirt I've ever owned! I mentioned it as my favorite. I'll have to check out LB for the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the stores if you have them. I couldn't find the sweater on the website.

      Delete
  3. I learned about being early when I was working my first sjob and invited to a party at my boss's house. I arrived about 10 minutes early and everyone was still getting dressed!! Nobody else arrived for half an hour. I have to force myself not to arrive early even now, 50+ years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like being extremely early because I hate to wait, but at the same time I hate being late. However, my husband's habit has rubbed off and I can't seem to stop myself from running just a couple of minutes late.

      Delete
  4. I used to shop Lane Bryant all the time then quit for a few years. Lately I have found several things there at good prices, so I'm back to shopping there again. Not much need for sweaters here, though. Another fun Sunday Stealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if all their stores are the same, but ours has a fantastic manager and the best customer service I've seen anywhere in ages and ages. It's worth shopping there just for that.

      Delete
  5. 'terminally late'!!!! I am laughing my butt off. That is my sister to a tee! !! I forgot about Latrobe when deciding which mountains I would have my home!! Have a great week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all joke when my husband says something will take a certain amount of time about whether that is in regular time or "Timmy Time." My mom has a friend who is always an hour late or more to everything so they started lying to her about when things start. I think she's still late, but not by as much.

      Delete
  6. I loved your answers and I think the one that struck me as very funny (laughing out loud funny) was the one about jobs we'd be good at. Lol.. People do get cranky about their food. Have a nice week Stacy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed. I found that out as a teenager volunteering in the little coffee shop at the hospital. We were volunteers and while I know people there were often there under stressful circumstances, they could be so very rude to us. It turned me off on ever working as a waitress.

      Delete
  7. Your 'perfect room' sounds just like I envision, too! Like your description, somewhere I've an image of Charlie Daniels' den ... made me like him even more!

    Piano Man is a great song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I would love to see Charlie Daniels' home!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.