September 30, 2017

Saturday 9: Little Woman (1969)

Saturday 9: Little Woman (1969)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This song contains many weather references (clouds, rainbows, sunshine, rain). How's the sky where you are today?  It was clear and sunny all day until this evening when black clouds rolled in and we got some much needed rain.

2) Bobby Sherman sings that when he's alone, he imagines his "Little Woman" is right there beside him. Do you often daydream?  I do some daydreaming, but I don't know about "often." I'm an introvert by nature so I spend a good bit of time in my own head, just not necessarily dreaming or fantasizing. 


3) Bobby had a very bright smile. Do you ever use whiteners on your teeth? Not any more. All the diet Coke has done a number on the enamel so I use toothpaste that's supposed to restore and strengthen it. Whiteners are actually hard on enamel.

4) He was beloved for his shiny hair. If we were to peek in your bathroom, how many haircare products would we find? Lots and lots. It takes all kinds of stuff to tame curly hair.

5) After high school, Bobby attended Pierce, a community college in the west San Fernando Valley. For culinary students, Pierce offers courses in canning --specifically apples and peaches. If we were to peek into your pantry, would we find canned fruits? Yes, but none that I've canned...though I have canned in the past. Mostly, you will find pineapple and Mandarin oranges.

6) As an actor, one of Bobby's earliest performances was on the TV show Honey West. That series revolved around a female "private eye" adept at martial arts. Do you have any self-defense moves (that don't involve a weapon)? A well placed knee to the family jewels or fingers in the eyes.

7) In 1966, Bobby did this rather energetic commercial for milk. Do you often enjoy a glass of milk?  No. I hate milk...unless it's flavored. I do like almond milk, but again, only the chocolate or vanilla.

8) When his show business career waned, he became a paramedic. Have you ever called 911?  Twice that I can remember. The first to report a wreck near my house and the second when my daughter was 3 and had a couple of seizures due to a fever.

9) Random Question: Which book do you think you could learn more from --The Joy of Sex or The Joy of Cooking? At this point in life? Probably The Joy of Cooking.

Please be sure to stop by the Saturday 9 site to find links to other players and for the complete(ly non-existent) rules if you'd like to play along.


16 comments:

  1. That must have been terrifying when you daughter was little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! The doctors assured us it is a normal thing in young children when a high fever begins to wane, but it was unusual that she had more than one. It meant spinal taps, blood work, and a couple of days in the hospital for dehydration.

      Delete
  2. Well, I certainly relate to the curly hair and all the products needed for that! I have so many hair products, it's kind of embarrassing. I hope your daughter's seizure was never repeated. Your story reminded me that I have called 911 several times and most recently to report cows which had gotten out of the fence somehow and too close to the busy road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't mind that it's expensive (I guess because it's organic) I recommend Deva Curl products. You can't buy them just any old place, either. Online, at a salon that does Deva cuts (yes, there are special hair cuts to maximize and make the most of curls), or some beauty supply stores. Their gel is the most amazing stuff ever!

      I have seen cows and horses in the road, but never would have thought to call 911. I don't know why?

      Delete
  3. #2! Yes! I am becoming more and more introverted as I age.

    And #8 sounds frightening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I am, too, and I am trying to fight it. I have a fear of ending up a hermit...or at least like my grandmother and great-grandmother before her. Both became silent shells in their old age. That just scares the daylights out of me!

      Delete
  4. OMG I got the same lecture from my dentist about the diet coke and enamel. Of course, I believe that she truly just wanted to sell me the laminates and other goodies that could solve everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to believe that, but our insurance doesn't cover "cosmetic" stuff so he knows not to bother trying to sell me that sort of thing.

      Delete
  5. I stopped drinking sodas about 15 years ago and I don't miss them. Well, occasionally I have a root beer, but we're talking about less than 10 a year. I am envious of the rain. We need it very badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should give up my diet Coke, but I get the shakes just thinking about it. Love a good, frosty root beer on a hot day, too.

      Don't be too jealous of the rain. It wasn't enough to help with anything. It's still pretty dry here, too.

      Delete
  6. #2 is soooo me, all the way!
    Until Almond Silk came along, I was never a fan of milk either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying a nice glass of chocolate almond milk as I'm reading everyone's comments! Yum! My treat for getting a lot done around here today.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading your answers today! My short curly hair stays pretty tame with just one Frizz Ease product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I call day dreaming problem solving. I probably don't even know what day dreaming means. lol
    I used canned pineapple for upside down cakes.
    I just started letting my curly hair have it's way when I was to old to care anymore. Then it went practically straight! Can't win, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am giggling at your comment about hair. I have threatened to just shave it all off and buy a pretty wig! I've gone the chemically straightened route and got tired of that so went back to curly and it was nice. For a while. Now it seems so high maintenance. I'm thinking about getting a whole bunch of it cut off and seeing if I can channel all I've learned about caring for curls into a cute short do. If that works out maybe I'll think about letting it go gray because these root touch-ups are getting to be time consuming!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.