August 23, 2017

A Total Eclipse of the Hodgepodge

1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? I watched it on the NASA feed. I didn't have glasses and didn't feel like messing with any of the other methods. Your thoughts? It was interesting and pretty cool on the live feed since I could see the totality there. We only had about 80% coverage here so it didn't get all that dark even with cloud coverage. Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list? Milky Way candy bars are my favorite candy. I confess I stole all the ones my kids got at Halloween when they were little.

2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? My grandkids, what else? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'? Getting dressed up. I'm pretty casual most of the time, but it's nice to get dressed up once in a while.

3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. I've always like the earth sciences and astronomy. How do you feed that interest? Mostly just by reading and watching things on the subject, but it's not unusual to find me in the yard looking up at the stars or in a creek bed looking for fossils.

4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child? The "painful" back to school shopping trips when my mom and my aunt drug my cousin and I from store to store all day to get all the things they felt we couldn't live without...new shoes, new coat, new school clothes, underwear, and socks. It was torture!

5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why. Oh my....I find these kinds of questions so difficult, but here goes. LOVE...because it is the command that Jesus left us with, to love one another as he first loved us. Very much in mind in these days. FORGIVENESS...because life is less stressful and much happier if you can let go of hurt and forgive the one who hurt you. MEMORIES...because the older I get the more I find myself getting nostalgic over things from my past. CONTENTMENT...because being satisfied with and thankful for what you do have rather than always wishing for what you don't have goes a long way toward being happy in life. DEPRESSION...because watching someone you love struggle with this dragon can be heartbreaking.

6.  Insert your own random thought here. Seems an appropriate thought for the times.





That's it for this week's Hodgepodge. Please be sure to stop by From This Side of the Pond to find links to the other players' blogs and to visit our hostess, Joyce.

7 comments:

  1. Good quote! And I liked your five words also. (I wasn't sure if it was to be a list of five words or a phrase of five words so I chose a phrase myself. Think you got it right.) Forgiveness ... so true. I have watched people eaten up by bitterness and it really does destroy their health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We picked a couple of the same words. And over the moon about my grandkid too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your soul words. Forgiveness, yes, I agree, very important!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your hodgepodge. Sorry about your back to school experience. :) Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment on forgiveness is so good. If only we would remember that we feel better when we genuinely forgive and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote and I enjoyed reading your answers! The five words were hard for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice of 5 words, Stacy. Memories ... yes. Gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.