This week I am thankful....
* that my husband did not have a heart attack and an overnight hospital stay and many tests showed his heart is just fine and very strong.
* that my daughter is at home and handling things fairly well.
* that a comment by hubby's sister to check on his thyroid (problems run in his family) stirred my memory that while he's been checked for that and no problem was found, our doctor did mention his parathyroid a couple of years ago. I did some digging online and found a lot of information and a list of the symptoms for hyperparathyroid and it's like they know my hubby. He has all but a couple of the symptoms. It's often missed or diagnosed as something else because the symptoms are so vague and could be caused by a lot of things, but since he has so many I am feeling very hopeful that this might be our answer and from the sound of things it's easily fixed with an outpatient procedure that takes about 20 minutes! Please pray this is it!
* that we are beginning to enjoy the "fruits" of the garden. So far just cucumbers, onions, zucchini and squash, but the beans are just about ready, I saw a few baby peppers yesterday, the watermelon vine is full of ping pong ball sized melons, and the tomatoes are loaded with greenies.
* the poodle is getting her hair done tomorrow. Long overdue. The poor thing looks like a black dust mop and I cringe to think what may be hiding out in all that wool since she is not a girly-girl and loves to snoop and get into things.
* my step-dad continues to heal from his week in the hospital. He is walking and gaining strength daily.
* for my first-ever real hug from our youngest grandson. It may have been his first real hug to give. Nothing better in the world!
* I finally got a full unemployment check. It's been so messed up since they made all the staff cuts. I am not the only one in this boat and you can't get a live person to talk to. I'm about ready to concede that I'm just going to be out 2 of the weeks I am due. Such a rip-off! Happy, though, to have that check this week to pay a few bills and order our daughter's wedding invitations. (It's getting so close!!!)
* our 23 year old central air conditioner keeps chugging away. One of these years (probably much sooner than later) we are going to have to replace it. The last time we had it fixed they told us it would need replaced the next time. That was probably close to 10 years ago so we are living on borrowed time here. The dogs and I sure appreciate it now that the temperatures are hitting the 90s in the afternoons.
* for my God who blesses me abundantly over and over even when I don't deserve it....especially when I don't deserve it.
* for all of you. Have a blessed day friends!