Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The High School Questions
1. Did you date someone from your school?
|Hubby and Me in 1984|
I went out with a couple of guys from school. Nothing serious, though. At least not until I met my husband. He was two years ahead of me in school and I never knew him until two years after I graduated.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
Oops...got ahead of the questions. As mentioned above, I did.
3. Did you car pool to school?
No, it was the bus for me.
4. What kind of car did you have?
I didn't have one.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
A sparkly, red 2015 Toyota Camry.
6. Its Friday night...where are you now?
Probably at home reading, watching TV, or playing on Facebook because my husband is already asleep.
7. It is Friday night...where were you then?
With my friends cruising the shopping center or at a football game or just hanging out or if I could get away with it, at a party.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Just a little bit of babysitting here and there and I spent the summer before my senior year working for the Youth Conservation Corps in the Pocono Mts.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
I've been a school bus driver for the last 14 years. I keep looking around...hoping to end that run one of these days.
10. Were you a party animal?
|A totally staged photo of some|
real party animals. LOL
Maybe at heart, but not in reality. My dad was much older than my mom and very strict. He kept me on a very short leash.
11. Were you considered a flirt?
I doubt it. I was too shy.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
No. There isn't an ounce of musical talent in my body.
13. Were you a nerd?
I didn't feel like one, but I was in all advanced classes so I guess maybe I was.
14. Did you get suspended from school?
No. My dad would have grounded for like a million years!
15. Can you sing the fight song?
Badly, but yes.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher?
My homeroom teacher, who was the boys' gym teacher, because he was like a big brother to all of us kids in his room and Mrs. Werner, the teacher for several of my elective English courses. I just saw Mrs. Werner yesterday and the library's used book sale. She works cuddling babies at the hospital these days and was only too happy to cuddle my grandson for a while. I think he likes Mrs. Werner, too.
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
At a table with friends. I don't really remember much about it beyond that. It must not have been that big of a deal or all that traumatic.
18. What was your school's full name?
Derry Area Sr. High School. Go ahead, say the name in your best French accent. I've heard all the jokes.
19. Where did you party the most?
I didn't really do much partying...the strict dad thing.
20. What was your school mascot?
A trojan. Again...I've heard all the jokes.
21. Would you do it again?
Not by choice.
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
I didn't go to Prom. By choice.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
|Me on the right with a friend who died|
just a couple of years later from
a brain tumor.
No. I never went to any until the last one (30th). Many members of my class are on Facebook and it got started on there. Somehow they
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Just a few in real life and a slightly larger number on Facebook.
26. What are/were your school's colors?
Blue and gold.
That's it for this week. Please visit the
Sunday Stealing site to read more
posts or to join in the fun yourself!