April 22, 2017

Sunday Stealing: When One Answer Just Isn't Enough

From Bud:

We found this gem from a site called MommyeTime. It's not clear if she wrote or stole the questions. From the site's set up, it appears the blogs purpose was to help raise children and saving (or better phrased as "helping") your marriage. The picture here is from the blog, but we're pretty sure it's not the author. And to add to our confusion of not finding a picture of the site's writer(s), we couldn't even find a name.  

And now Stealing!

Cheers to all of us thieves!

Sunday Stealing: The Money Time Questions

1. What are five passions that you have? (If you have less than five, tell us what you do have interests.)


My family, my relationship with God, reading, cooking, antiques.

2. List up to ten random facts about yourself.


  • I lived in a wildlife preserve when I was a kid. My dad was the manager. Life was like those old, grainy documentaries from the 70s.
  • I'm addicted to really awful reality shows...Alaskan Bush People, Mountain Monsters, Swamp People, etc.
  • I have a tattoo on my ankle of a cute little fishy swimming among seaweed, starfish and shells.
  • I'm terrified of snakes and sharks.
  • I might have a slight "thing" for purses.
  • I HATE folding laundry.  Sadly, it's not unusual for the clean clothes to be in the dryer or basket until the next load needs washed.
  • I want to live on a small farm...or near the beach or a lake.
  • I'm an introvert in most situations and if I don't push myself I'd probably end up being a hermit.
  • I am the queen of procrastination.


3. List five people (personal, historic, living or dead) who have had a major impact on your life or the way you think.


  • Jesus...everything is filtered through my relationship with him.
  • My grandmother taught me to appreciate nature and the small things in life.
  • My dad set my moral compass and work ethic.
  • My mom taught me to love books.
  • My grandfather gave me my love of antiques.
  • Honorable mention goes to my aunt who taught me to appreciate my roots and family history.


4. List 5 things you'd tell your 15 year-olds self, if you could.


  • Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks of you.
  • Put more effort into school.
  • Just do what your dad wants so you're not grounded so much.
  • You really aren't missing anything by not being able to run around with the party crowd.
  • That guy you're going to spend your whole time in high school pining over? Forget about him.  He's a mess as an adult.

5. What is a major strength that you have? (You can list more than one. Staying with our no rules approach.)


I think I'd say my major strength is forgiveness.  That doesn't mean I go to a person and tell them I forgive them, but I let go of it in my heart so it doesn't poison me.  If they come and apologize to me then I would give them forgiveness, but otherwise, forgiveness is for me and my heart, not them.

6. What is a major weakness that you have? (You can list more than one. STILL staying with our no rules approach.)


I really hate being introverted. I feel lonely a lot, but at the same time connecting with people or maintaining relationships is very hard for me. It just seems to exhaust me emotionally and mentally.

7. Describe the family dynamic of your childhood versus your family dynamic now.


My childhood was great.  Both sides of the family were close and they got along with each other so there were often times of everyone being together.  We had great times playing games and talking.  Now everyone is spread all over the place, plenty of people don't get along, and no one wants to play games. I miss the old days.

8. What popular notion do you feel that the world has most wrong?


I think a lot of the thinking about God is wrong, but I'm not going there.  So let's talk about respect.  I want to scream every time I hear someone say that you have to earn respect.  I get that we shouldn't give everyone our deeper respect, but once upon a time people extended a basic level of respect to EVERYONE.  We don't do that any more and the world is worse off because of it.

9. Name three things that always cheers you up when you are down.


  • My grandkids.
  • My dogs.
  • Good music.


10. Name three things would you like to be remembered for?


  • I hope my family will remember how much I loved them.
  • I hope people will remember I loved God.
  • Making the world better in whatever ways I could.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice answers. You gave this more thought than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh...there wasn't anything else to do at 11:00 last night.

      Delete
  2. Very nice answers. Good music is very inspiring of good energies. I also want to live on a small farm- like when I was a kid. And it has to be near a river, ditto as a kid, or/and the ocean. Two birds, one stone. hehe
    Have a happy Sunday Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of Christian songs that make me feel better and the one song guaranteed to perk me up and get me moving is the 80s "classic" Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.

      Can we add that we'd like our farmhouse to be a Craftsman?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to come up with that list.

      Delete
  4. Yours is an interesting take on respect!
    On more than one occasion, yes, I've been guilty of saying respect must be earned. This makes me realize it's not much different than common courtesy or manners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess they are birds of a feather. I just remember my dad drumming it into me to give my elders and those in authority over me, such as teachers, police, etc., a certain amount of respect just because of who they were. That didn't mean I had to respect the inner core of who they were, just that I didn't act or talk disrespectfully toward them. I really think we lost something when it became okay to say and act on what we're really thinking.

      Delete
  5. I also have a thing for purses. #7 I miss the old days too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you lived in a preserve. Sounds like one of those Walt Disney/Haley Mills movies.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.