This week I am thankful...
* for two back to back snow days. Snow days meant someone made the decision to put safety first this time. It is always a relief not to be responsible for the safety of the children of others when the buses are out in bad weather.
* that yesterday's 2-hour delay turned into a cancellation because that enabled me to keep my appointment at the doctor's.
* that the winter storm wasn't nearly as bad as the weather forecasters had been predicting for days before hand.
* that we are having dinner at my mom's tomorrow to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage. YUM!
* that my husband came home a little early on Saturday just so he could take me to an auction he knew I wanted to go to....and he didn't even complain when it was so crowded he could only find a seat for me and had to stand the whole time.
* for the brave little daffodils that are still peeking up above the snow.
* for the wealth of entertainment we have at our fingertips...books, movies, TV, radios, computers, etc.
* for power that never went out.
* for crusty wood-fired artisan bread and pretzels picked up from a little shop near work. Garlic-parmesan toast is the bomb!
* for a work week with 2 Mondays and a Friday.....I could get used to this!
* for a God who is patient with me and is teaching me to be patient, gracious, and merciful like Him.
* 3 precious months with this handsome boy.
* for all of you who bless my life just by being YOU!