March 10, 2017

Saturday 9: Fist City

I'm joining in with Sam and the gang at the Saturday 9 for some fun questions loosely based on the Loretta Lynn song, Fist City. Click the link to play along.

Saturday 9: Fist City (1968)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a wife warning another woman off her man. Who received the last warning, of any type, that you issued?

It's a pretty safe bet that it was one of the kiddos on the bus.  I am constantly warning one or another of them about their behavior.

2) Loretta sings that when her husband picks up trash, he puts it in a garbage can. She's being metaphorical, but we will be literal: If you spot litter on the sidewalk, do you pick it up or just walk on?

That would completely depend on what kind of trash it is and other circumstances.  I'm not going to pick up something totally gross and I'm probably not going to do it if I'm dressed up or with someone I need to impress.

3) She taught herself to play guitar. If you could learn something new in 2017, what would it be?

I think sewing.  I'd love to be able to whip up little things to change the look of the house for different seasons or holidays.

4) She broke her shoulder in a fall and surgery was required to repair it. When were you last in a hospital? Were you a patient or a visitor?

I was there when my grandson was born this past December.

5) In the 1970s, Loretta Lynn was the first country singer to appear on the cover of Newsweek. Who is your favorite country singer?

I kind of have a little "thing" for Toby Keith.  And yes, that's me with the big guy.



6) Rowan and Martin's Laugh In premiered in 1968, when this song was popular. What's the last TV show you watched? Did you watch it live, did you stream it, or catch it on DVR/Tivo?

I'm watching House Hunters International now and it's "live".  I look at the tiny houses and apartments they tour in other countries and feel really, really blessed to have what I have here in the States.
7) In 1968, Jacqueline Kennedy shocked the world by marrying Greek billionaire Aristotle Onassis. What's the last thing you heard that surprised you?

I must be getting kind of cynical in my old age because I can't think of anything.
8) 1968's top-rated car was the Chevy Corvette. Could your car benefit from a trip to the car wash this morning?

Oh my heavens, YES!  It was badly in need of a wash since the last round of snow that was weeks ago. Every time I had time to hit the car wash the line was ridiculously long or it was too cold.  Now, after this latest round of snow, it's totally salt-encrusted again....and it's seriously cold again so no wash in sight. Sigh.
 
9) Random question: You're staying in a hotel and find you can faintly hear the couple in the next room. Would you ignore their voices, or try to hear them better?

I'd turn up the TV or go to sleep...I can sleep through anything.

Now get out there and enjoy your Saturday!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to admit that when he turned to me and shot that smile my way I totally lost my ability to speak. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Nice photo!!! How exciting that must have been for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yep, so exciting I could think of a single coherent thing to say. :/

      Delete
  3. I would like to get the salt off my car, too, but it's below zero (again) :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched Tiny House series when ever they were available. I love LOVE tiny houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them, but I'm not sure how different they are than a travel trailer and some of them (the trailers) are pretty amazing these days...not to mention probably a little cheaper than the tiny houses.

      Delete
  5. Apparently we all want to be more "crafty."

    (I don't know why my father became a Baptist. We barely speak.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that way.

      I know you have a rough history with your dad...still sad to see a relationship go that way. Maybe his new faith will change him?

      Delete
  6. Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh Toby! I'm a little jelly right now! I think those tiny houses are so cute. I actually thought about convincing my ex to GIVE me a half an acre of our property and have one built, but... we got married instead! ;) See you over on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half an acre....get married...funny how life works out, isn't it?

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading your answers! I think you are my only other connection who regularly does the Saturday 9. Great photo of you and Toby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I like to do the quizzes for fun on the weekends...kind of a little mental vacation. LOL

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.