March 8, 2017

A Perfect Hodgepodge



Ooh!  The Wednesday Hodgepodge has a new link button.  Isn't it pretty?  Make sure you click on it and pop over to visit Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond. She is the one who keeps the Hodgepodge running for the rest of us.  Thank you so much, Joyce, for the great job and congratulations on the 300th Hodgepodge!

1. What is one area of your life where you're a perfectionist? Is that a good thing?

I tend to be a perfectionist about crafts or anything artsy and up to a point it's a good thing, but often if I can't get something up to "perfect" I just won't do it. I probably miss a lot of enjoyment that way.  I don't know why I think it has to be perfect.  I can also be that way about holiday gatherings and parties, but I'm trying to ease up on that.  It's not worth the stress over details that no one else even notices.

2. What's something you find perfectly ridiculous?


There are a lot of things, but the first one that comes to mind is that "reality" show Naked and Afraid.  Why on earth would anyone want to go out in the jungle, get naked with someone of the opposite sex they've never met before, and get bugs in all the wrong places???  I can understand testing your survival skills, but I'm pretty sure it could be done with clothes on.

3. What's a skill you've developed by way of that old fashioned saying, 'practice makes perfect?


Writing, gardening, cooking....

4. What's your idea of a perfect breakfast?


Last night's leftovers reheated.  I'm not a big fan of typical breakfast foods first thing in the morning.  For some reason they appeal to me more later in the day.

5. What's a trip, holiday, vacation, or day outing you've taken that you'd rate a perfect 10? Tell us why.


For my 50th birthday my hubby and I set out on U.S. Route 30 heading east. We didn't have a plan.  We just drove and if we saw something we wanted to do we did it.  We knew we were heading toward Gettysburg and Lancaster, but ended up staying in Gettysburg the whole long weekend.  It was just very relaxed and fun.


Mr. Ed's Elephant Museum is a one-of-a-kind place
you HAVE to see if you're on Rt. 30!

This huge old tree is growing in the Gettysburg National Cemetery.

A couple of very friendly and informative actors.

Me and the Hubs up top on a
double-decker tour bus.


6. What quote or saying perfectly sums up your life right now? If you can't do perfect, how about one that comes close?


Life is good.

7. How would you spend $300 today?


I'd save it for Saturday.  I'm planning on going to an auction.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.


I am finally just about over my cough....the one I've been struggling with since December and truly doing battle with all of February.  

I went to MedExpress again last week because my coughing was getting "wheezy" again.  The doctor there feels I have reactive bronchial tubes...not asthma or bronchitis.  She put me on a steroid, an antibiotic, and continued the inhaler.  By day 2 I felt 100% better!

I'm still taking everything, but got a bit "wheezy" again today.  I had a follow up appointment with my regular doctor and he's sending me off for pulmonary testing and allergy testing to see if we can find out what keeps the cough stirred up for so long.

Whatever.  I am just thrilled to not be coughing 24/7.  I feel better than I've felt in months.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! Great answers! I agree with your #2 answer. I've never watched the show, but I've heard about it and I will never understand that idea at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen the commercials and that is more than enough!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! I love Route 30 and we've taken it many times from Breezewood, I think it is. Anyway, we love Gettysburg. Can't get enough of it. So glad that show you mention isn't mandatory viewing. Who on earth watches that stuff???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Route 30 is the best way to cross the state. It passes through our area, about 2 miles from our house. One day I hope to drive across the country on it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Stacy! You were above me on the Hodgepodge so I came over to read yours! All great answers and I totally agree with you on the Naked and Afraid thing! Glad you are getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Your description of perfectionism when it comes to crafting resonated with me too and how perfectionism can interfere with your enjoyment of things. Looks like you had a fun trip to Gettysburg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I'm pretty fussy when it comes to having every detail worked out for a party. Yes those reality shows are crazy. Sounds like that was a great trip. We are experiencing bronchial issues with my dad right now. Poor thing can't breath at all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.