January 22, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Getting my Thankful Thursday done and posted tonight (Wednesday) because it's back to work for me tomorrow...but only for 2 days! Gosh that makes me feel positively giddy! Anyway, linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand and the rest of the Thankful Thursday gang.

(And if you'd be so kind, say a prayer for Rebecca Jo and her family. They have really been having a time of it lately.)

This week I am thankful...

** that not having to run back and forth across the nursing home has my leg feeling quite a bit better. So nice to come home and not have to literally lift my leg into and out of the car with my hands.

** for a new mattress pad and sheets that are actually deep enough to fit our Sleep Number mattress and 3-inch foam topper. I had to go online to find them 24-inches deep and the selection was slim. Evidently not many people have this problem? Anyway, nice to not have the corners popping off or have the mattress pad bunching up in the middle.

** for a great night with my Bible study crew last night. One couple invited all of us for a pasta night. The husband is Italian and made the spaghetti noodles from scratch. Oh, my word! I've honestly never thought of pasta as light and fluffy until now. His noodles were AMAZING! No heavy bloated feeling at all. He made his family's sauces, too...meat and marinara. Someone brought salad. Another person brought veggies and dip. Someone else brought chicken. Several people brought desserts. I made the garlic bread I learned through Hello Fresh...toasted ciabatta rolls spread with homemade garlic/parmesan/red pepper flake infused butter. It sounds pretty basic, but man, as one woman put it, "It's like an explosion of flavor!"

** for lots of time with Colton and Leah...even some time with Colton alone. I've always been very close to him and not getting to spend much time with him was really bothering me. He seems pretty happy to have me around more, too. Every time he is here we end up watching one of the movies with the Minions and he can't watch unless he is snuggled up on my lap with a blanket over us and his chocolate milk close at hand. Heaven to me!

** for my sweet new desk chair found for a song on Amazon. Colton helped me put it together today.

** for the sweet friends who told me I am looking "lighter" with my new schedule. I don't know about "looking" it, but I sure feel it. Getting away from my toxic boss was the best decision!

** for the verse the Lord gave me to go with my one word for the year, "Abide." The verse is John 15:9 "Just as the Father loved me, so I have loved you. Abide in my love." Well, I looked it up in my Amplified Bible yesterday and that last line read "Continue on with me in God's love." Oh, how I love that. It's like he's inviting us to hold his hand and be enveloped in God's love. 

** that my friend (and Bible teacher) does not have breast cancer. Tests this week put her in the clear.

** that another friend has finally made the difficult decision to get out of her emotionally abusive (with the potential for physical violence) marriage. I hate to see a marriage end, but no one has to put up with what she has been putting up with for many years.

** for God, who is as Isaiah 12 says the joy and the song in my heart!

** for all the many blessings too numerous to list.

** and as always, for each one of you!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! I am super glad you are happier with your new work situation. Much to be thankful for this week. I hope you have two great days at work. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More grand-baby time and less stress at work sounds like a win-win to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had homemade noodles but never pasta noodles. I bet they were delicious! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your schedule is lightened...have a great day friend, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you friend for the prayers.
    What kind of desk chair did you get? I need one too!!!
    So glad your legs are doing OK
    we have a friend who makes homemade pasta for charity events at church - it sells out every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link for the chair. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074ZX8CGK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.