January 25, 2020

Sunday Stealing: Winter Questions

Well, it is winter so what better way to pass some time on a Sunday than by joining in with Bev and the gang of thieves at Sunday Stealing?

Winter questions stolen from Swap Bot



    How do you get past the gray skies during winter?  I take lots of Vitamin D, read books, and watch movies that are filmed in beautiful, sunny places. 

    Do you like snow? Why or why not?
  It's pretty to look at, but I'm not all that crazy about being out in the stuff. Why? Because it's cold and I can't take the cold like I used to. 

    What are your favorite activities to do during the winter?
  Read, watch movies, cook, do puzzles, play board games, work on home improvement projects...pretty much anything that is inside.

    What does a perfect winter day look like to you?  I love the day after a big snow storm when the snow is done, but hasn't been removed yet and the sun has come out. It's fun being stuck at home for a day...sort of a free pass on everything. I like to eat comfort foods, watch a favorite movie, or read a good book.

    What are your favorite meals/food you enjoy eating during the winter?  Well, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup has to be the all-time number one winter meal, but any kind of soup or stew is good. After that, I guess I'd just say the hearty, savory foods...no one in particular.

    What is your favorite winter holiday and why?  Christmas, because the rest just aren't that big of a deal to me. We do for the grandkids on Valentine's Day, but don't really make a big deal of it for ourselves these days and we are too old and not the types to party it up on St. Patrick's Day.

    What is your favorite pizza flavor and toppings.
  Flavor? I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I like pepperoni, mushrooms and green peppers on my pizza.

    What are some items in your daily bag/ backpack.
  In my purse you will usually find: my wallet, checkbook, keys, work ID badge, several pens, ibuprofen, Chapstick, Gold Bond hand lotion, my mini-planner, my Kindle or a book, my phone, a Bluetooth speaker, wipes to clean my glasses, hand sanitizer, a mini manicure kit, and a bunch of change and receipts lost at the bottom of the bag.

    Your favorite snacks.
  Giant Eagle's barbecue chips, Cheez-its Extra Toasty, and Chex Mix.

    Some foreign countries that you would like to visit.
  Israel, Egypt, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Spain.

    What things that remind you of home.  The home I live in now? My childhood home? (I had several.) The fastest way to spark a memory for me is usually smell. I'll catch a whiff of something and it will take me right back. Sometimes a taste will do that. Music is a good one for that, too. Different things remind me of different homes.

    If you have one, some items from your Amazon Wishlist.  I have a wishlist, but most of the stuff on it is books I want to read. There are a couple of things, though.

Like this plant stand:


And this Fitbit:


   
What was your favorite Christmas gift?  The shadow box my mom gave me with some of the Barbie outfits my grandmother knit for me when I was little.

14 comments:

  1. That is a very cool plant stand. But I think I can picture one of my beagles trying to climb it, so it would definitely be a no-no for our house.

    You and I have the same food loves---salty, savory stuff. I don't give a hoot about cookies or candy, but give me chips and chex mix and I will down a bag in a New York minute.

    And tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Oh yeah. That is just the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that, but my Poodle would probably climb up it to look out the window. Darn!
      Salty snacks are the only way to go!
      We had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today. Man, did that hit the craving in the right spot.
      Have a blessed week, Patti!

      Delete
  2. Ireland is beautiful but if you find yourself there just pop across to England. You will love that too.

    Greece is a wonderful country - we are off there later this year.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit England, too, but I have to admit Greece with its blue skies and water is high on my list. One of my favorite escapes in the winter is watching "My Life in Ruins" on the big TV.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Love that plant stand. I'd order one for our sunroom in a heartbeat ...if I thought I might keep anything alive. Aroma-born memories are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might not want to set your heart on it. It cost over $500!

      Delete
  4. Loveeeeeeeee the plant stand, grin...We gotta' meet up, smiles. Maybe summer? smiles---we can't be what an hour or two away from one another?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great plant stand. Nice find. I feel the same way you do about snow and snow days. Although the older I get the less I like the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved all your answers for what to do in winter staying inside tops mine.... when I was younger was a different story but now that is where you will find me
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that plant stand and I wish I had any plants to put on it. I used to, but I cannot seem to keep them alive now that I work. I stayed home with Josh years ago and my plant were beautiful. I would also like to have a Fitbit. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Christmas gift! My younger sisters got all my dolls and toys so I never saw them again, including the Barbie clothes my mom and grandma made. Fun questions again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun answers! I like that plant stand and fit bit too. A shadow box with childhood memories - such a thoughtful gift! Have a great week! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.