October 17, 2019

Thankful Thursday: It's All About Attitude

Good morning! It's a cold, rainy morning here in the mountains of southwestern Pennsylvania, but the son (misspelling intended) is shining in my heart and bringing a smile to my face. 

Today is the day we set aside as Thankful Thursday and share a sampling of the blessings God has poured out on us during the past week. It's my favorite blogging day as I do love bragging on the God who has been so good to me!

So, I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand and a great group of like-minded bloggers. Feel free to join in. You won't be sorry if you do. There is nothing like focusing on the good things in life to improve your mood and, in fact, your whole attitude.



This week I am thankful...

** to have been able to meet my half-sister for the first time. I didn't expect to feel anything, but there it was...that tugging of the heart that had me tearing up the minute I saw her. Sitting across from each other, searching for ways we look alike...and finding a few, sharing about our lives and our families and again finding a lot of similarities...I was so overwhelmed by God's goodness in bringing her (and knowledge of my father and other siblings) into my life at just the right time. I may not have been ready before this. My mom may not have been so cooperative before this. God knew and it's been good.



** for homemade chicken noodle soup on a cold, rainy night. I made a big pot on Tuesday when I was off and we had it last night for supper. Yum!

** Tim surprised me by picking me up from work yesterday because he was rained out on the job site. It was nice to have that drive home together to talk before we were both too tired.

** for Mom and Megan who are giving me rides to and from work until the garage is done with Tim's truck. 

** to be getting a break from my not-so-nice boss, though I remain sorry that it came about because her husband's health is in such jeopardy. I pray for them, but am enjoying the absence of stress.

** for another old blogging friend returned to blogging. I'm looking forward to reading about what she's been up to and the things she learned that brought her out of a tough time.

** for so many other things, but I do have to get ready for work. I don't think "I was blogging" will work as an excuse for being late. HA!

** as always, for each one of you who reads my posts, comments, and blesses me with your own posts.

Have a blessed day, friends, and keep 
your eyes open for the good in all things!

11 comments:

  1. I love when old blogging friends come back - I worry when they disappear!!!
    I love some warm heart soothing soup on cold evenings. I've already had my request from the Hubs to get stuff for my chili I make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you enjoyed meeting your sister so much. I hope you have many years of getting acquainted.

    Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup sounds delicious. In fact, hubby just found a recipe this weekend for it and we bought the ingredients. Hoping we can make it this weekend or next week one evening. Hubby made chili last night that was delicious. It is definitely the right kind of weather for soup. I'm sure we'll be eating it a lot now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hope. :) Yep, those hearty recipes are going to be showing up on the table from here on out. I love it!

      Delete
  3. LOL - I wish we could use "I was blogging" as a reason for being late - I would use it every day! HA HA! So happy you connected with your sister...I teared up just reading this ad seeing your photo! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Wouldn't it be great? Awww...thanks for being joyful over our story.

      Delete
  4. Ah, thank you for being thankful for me and my return to blogging. I really missed my blogging friends while I was on blog sabbatical!

    That is awesome that you met your half-sister and that you felt a tug on your heartstrings for her. I'm quite sure I don't have a half-sibling out there somewhere, but I HAVE connected with cousins as I've been researching my genealogy. Even that has been fun, as no matter what, there is common blood between us.

    Oh, yeah, chicken noodle soup is awesome! Definitely one of my favorite comfort foods. I especially like it with the noodles I get in the frozen section of the store.

    I was in the Pittsburgh area back in June---although I grew up there, I hadn't been there since the late 1980's. I had forgotten how beautiful PA is!!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about you growing up around Pittsburgh. It is beautiful here. How exciting that you connected with cousins! I love finding out about family history...so exciting!

      Delete
  5. Forgot to say...this looks like a great link-up. I might get involved in it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to see Patti back in the blogland again! I loved reading your thankful list and agree that Thursdays are made better when we look at our blessings and share them on Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, I can't get enough of your 'sibling story'! :)
    Now that I'm back working -- albeit part-time -- I'm super impressed at your blogging discipline! I'd forgotten how poop-tired one can be at day's end.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.