Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song celebrates serenity. Are you feeling peaceful this morning? Sort of. I'm feeling good about being off this weekend, but I'm also thinking about all I need to get done....but since I'm not having dinner here tomorrow, I don't have as much to do as I could have.
2) The lyrics include allusions to sun and clouds. How does the world look where you are? Is it sunny or cloudy? The clouds left over from yesterday's all-day rain are still hanging around.
3) This week's featured artist, BJ Thomas, is in the Grammy Hall of Fame for another hit record that uses weather as a metaphor, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head." Make up a Hall of Fame that you believe you should be inducted into. (For example, Crazy Sam has inducted herself into The Meme Mistress Hall of Fame for her service to Saturday 9.) I think I at least deserve to be nominated for the Unfolded Laundry Hall of Fame. There is ALWAYS at least one load of laundry sitting in a basket somewhere or languishing in the dryer.
4) When Crazy Sam hears this song, she always sings along ... loud. Is there a song you simply cannot resist singing along with? Yep, Billy Joel's Piano Man.
5) BJ Thomas has performed this song at The Grand Ole Opry. The Opry has been broadcast on the radio every week since 1925, nearly 95 years ago! Of course, back in the 1920s, radio was the only broadcast media. Today we have other choices. Is listening to the radio part of your daily routine? I listen to the radio driving to and from work every day. Other than that I don't really listen to the radio.
6) Though their dress code is lenient, country music fans who attend the Opry for a live show are warned: "Just remember, there's one rule we take very seriously here at the Grand Ole Opry -- you must wear something." Easter Sunday is a day many of us dress up. What will you be wearing today? I grew up in a family that always attended sunrise services and regular services on Easter and back in the day you had to dress up for church. These days we have become very casual and so has the church dress code. Since I don't attend a traditional church at the moment, I won't be dressing up at all. It will be jeans and a shirt so I can run around with the grandkids!
7) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring? I can't really think of anything other than warmer weather and more hours of daylight.
8) Lilies are popular at Easter. Do you have a favorite flower? Sunflowers.
9) Which would rather find in your Easter basket: yellow marshmallow chicks (aka Peeps) or a plastic egg filled with pennies? I guess the pennies, because I think Peeps are disgusting.
Linking up with Crazy Sam @ Saturday 9.