April 22, 2019

Currently... An April Challenge

Currently...

Reading...The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard

Listening to...some really awful horror movie Tim is watching about killer cats in the New Orleans zoo.

Loving...being able to open the windows when I get home from work and hearing all the warm weather sounds.

Thinking...about all the work I need to start doing in the yard.

Feeling...sort of achy, my back is bothering me today.

Celebrating...a great day with the family yesterday.

Hunting Easter eggs.

Hunting eggs is serious business!

Checking out what was in their baskets.
We got them real garden tools, watering cans, and seeds.

The Easter Bunny stopped by on his stroll through the neighborhood.

Trying to get these three to hold still for a picture is HARD!
This was as good a shot as I could get.
Grateful for...improvements in my relationship with our daughter-in-law.

Weather...it's still in the low 60s at 9:00, but it's supposed to cool off tonight and be in the 40s again tomorrow morning. The high is supposed to be 77 degrees, but it's coming with rain.

Enjoying...this quiet evening with Tim and my pup.

A quote I want to share...



And now...


Day 22

Your Last Important Decision:  The last really big decision I made was the one to leave driving a school bus behind after 16 years behind the wheel and take a chance on something completely new. There have been growing pains, for sure, and not everything is sunshine and roses with my new job but on the whole it is challenging and there is something so fulfilling about being able to make a difference in someone's life.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good Easter celebration! That last makes me happy for you, Stacy. I'm so glad the job is working out for you and I know you are making a difference in lives there! Wishing you blessings this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These candid photos are so endearing! Having grown up in Oak Ridge's sister city, I'm definitely going to check out this book! In fact, I did a book review here about Los Alamos' early days you might find interesting:
    https://mevely317.blogspot.com/2014/07/inside-box-1663-my-hometown.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to check that out. I really only learned of these two cities in the last few years. Los Alamos came on the radar when my step-dad was getting treatment for prostate cancer. He went to Florida for proton therapy, but the technology was developed at Los Alamos. He and Mom got to meet the doctor who discovered it.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.