October 5, 2018

Soggy Night

It's 5:30 in the morning. I don't start work until noon today. Why am I up? Well, because I'm always up...I can't seem to sleep more than about 4 hours lately and because we are heading out for a weekend away as soon as I get home tonight. "Someone" has to pack and make sure everything is put away, shut off, washed, and otherwise taken care of. Plus, I like these quiet hours before the sun rises.

It's nice to just sit here and relax after yesterday. Another front rolled through yesterday afternoon and into the evening. Changes in weather always affect the residents in the dementia wing. Keeping things under control yesterday was a lot like trying to nailing Jell-o to a tree...and not the thick, sturdy Jigglers kind, but the regular kind.

Getting back to the weather, we saw rain in the afternoon but nothing too serious. That was a relief after all the rain we've seen in the last few months. However, one should not count their chickens before they are hatched. It kept getting darker as I was driving home and when I stopped at a local restaurant to pick up a couple of their specials for supper it got dark as night, the wind picked waaaaay up, the thunder boomed, the lightening flashed, and the bottom fell out of the sky. I ended up stuck in the restaurant for nearly an hour as over 2 inches of rain fell. When I could finally get out of there the drive home was slow as running water was covering the roads everywhere and while most people went cautiously, there were some who flew through the water spraying a wall of water up onto everyone they went by. I was just done...done with everything...when I got home.

That's why I have to do the laundry and packing and everything else this morning. So, I guess I'd better get to it. I won't be posting over the weekend so I'll see you Sunday evening or Monday.

4 comments:

  1. It still just blows my mind how the weather - or moon - can affect people's mental being. So crazy how God created us to be so in tune with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those quiet hours before dawn! That storm sounds frightening, indeed. Please be safe out there and have a GOOD time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I wish you safe travels and a very fun time away!! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.