I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. It doesn't feel right, though, after yesterday...because yesterday seemed like a Sunday, so this is clearly Monday. Ha!
This week I'm thankful...
* it's raining this morning and the temperature is only going to be in the 80s. Sweet relief! We've had so much flooding in the area, though, and we are under a flood watch/warning again this afternoon as strong storms are expected. I'm sure praying we don't see that.
* for answers to some financial prayers.
* for silly fun with Colton while he "helped" me water the garden and flowers. Let's just say he went home wetter than the flowers and looking like he'd been planted in the dirt, too. He just loves playing outside and has hated being cooped up through these hot days.
* to live in a country founded by incredible, visionary men and that for all her faults, this grand lady is still one of the best countries to live in. We still enjoy freedoms unheard of in some countries. We still enjoy peace (at least with the world, if not among ourselves).
* the holiday hosting duties have mostly passed to our daughter. I made a dessert yesterday and cooked the corn on the cob, but that was all I had to do. It's nice after 30+ years of doing ALL the hosting to be able to sit back and relax.
* for all of the yummy food yesterday. Our daughter made foil packets of shrimp, steak, potatoes, onions, and peppers and cooked them on the grill. So good and simple and easy!
* seeing the pure joy on the faces of Colton and my stepdad as they spent time together yesterday. John never had kids of his own, but has always taken my kids as his own grandchildren and now loves their kids. He's 76 or 77 and as happens, he's gotten weaker, had some health issues and the sense of getting old and feeling useless really brings him down. It was awesome to see him smile, laugh, and chase after Colton.
* for the summer months off from school to watch lots of movies and read lots of books...and for the creative minds that conceive of the stories and bring them to life.
* as always for each one of you!