|Click for link to site.|
Here are some food questions from Swap Bot
1. Do you like pie? It's okay. I have to be in the mood.
2. Italian or Mexican? Can I have both with a side of Chinese? When we eat out it is one of the three. I don't think I can choose one over the other.
3. Can you bake? If so, what are your favorite things to bake? Yes, I can bake. I can make just about anything if I give it a try, but it probably always comes back to cookies when it's up to me what to make. Is there anything yummier than a soft, melty chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven?
4. Do you use cook books or do you try to find recipes online? I find recipes everywhere...cookbooks, online, magazines, friends, even in some of the cozy mystery books I read.
5. Do you own a kitchen aid mixer? No, but not for lack of trying. I've hinted about one every Christmas for years and apparently my family needs a ton of bricks to fall on them. I want a pretty orange one.
6. Ever cooked a meal for more than 15 people at one time? Yes, back in the day when all of my family still got together for holidays we always had 12-18 people and when my husband's family used to get together there were about 30 of us!
7. Do you like hospital food? Probably not, but I've only had it a couple of times and the last was at least 20 years ago, so maybe it's better now.
8. Favorite fast food restaurant? Arby's
9. Any picky eaters in your family? All of them except me.
10. Soda or Tea? Got to have my Diet Coke.
11. Hot chocolate? In the winter.
12. Favorite holiday dish? Whipped sweet potato casserole
13. What is the most tasteful strangest looking thing you have ever tasted? I tried the "salad" one of the women brought to Bible study this week. It had strawberries, blue, berries, black raspberries, some ancient type grain, and some other things I can't remember. It looked just like blue bird seed. It had a lot of taste, but I can't say it was good.
14. Fries or tater tots? Fries, though tots are not bad when you fix them "loaded" like you would fries.
15. Do you like cheese? If so what kind? You know how people are about bacon making everything better? That's me and cheese. I like most kinds of cheese and I like it on/in most things.
16. Home made or can soup? Homemade, but I do eat Progresso soups for lunch during the school year.
17. Do you like to eat out? I like not having to come up with what to make for dinner at home, but yes, I like going out with a group and having a lot of great conversation going on. Not so much with my husband because he has a hard time hearing in places that have a lot of crowd or background noise so the conversation is limited.
18. What kind of food is popular where you are? (Like in Alaska it is seafood) Wings, Polish dishes, Italian, big sandwiches, and big salads (we put french fries in our salads).
|The famous Primanti Brothers sandwich which includes|
cole slaw and french fries. IN the sandwich!
19. Do you like cotton candy? I did as a kid, but I find it too sweet these days.
20. Turkey or Chicken? Chicken. It's moister than turkey.
21. Hamburger or tuna helper? Not a big fan of tuna whether you "help" it or not.
22. Raw or cooked veggies? It depends on how they are cooked. I like my raw veggies, but they're good cooked to perfection and nicely seasoned. I hate it when they are either too hard or cooked to moosh.
23. Do you like salad? If so, what is your favorite kind of salad? I do and my favorite is those big salads I mentioned earlier. They are awesome with steak, grilled or crispy chicken or even shrimp.
24. Favorite pizza topping? Green peppers and mushrooms.
25. Do you like meat loaf? Only mine. I use the recipe from an old Betty Crocker cookbook and people who hate meatloaf end up liking mine.